? for the St. Croix River fisherman.

• Jesse Krook
    Y.M.H.

Would any of you guys be interested in seeing a walleye St.Croix River fishing League ? If I get enough yea’s I will take the next step into getting a league together .

Tony K
    Barnes Wi

might be week night? what times where would you go out of?

Jesse Krook
    Y.M.H.

Those are all details to be worked out.

lunker33
    excelsior

im in week nights would work for me

wade
    Cottage Grove, MN

I would be interested

huskerdu

Pending sons baseball, I would be in!

stuwest
    Elmwood, WI

if i can get a boat running, i’m in.

Women and Cats will do as they please.
    Men and Dogs should relax and get used to the idea.
    -Robert Heinlein

Jesse Krook
    Y.M.H.

I’m thinking weeknights for sure….maybe do a fall league ???

mark_johnson
    St. Croix River

I’d be interested too but not for a fall league…too much going on. One night a week in the summer would work good for me

Jesse Krook
    Y.M.H.

Quote:

I’d be interested too but not for a fall league…too much going on. One night a week in the summer would work good for me

It’s a ‘lil late for a summer league this year but I would love to do it next year. Just trying to squeeze in a fall league for this year

ScottPugh
    Rogers / Grand Rapids

Would love too but with a little one coming on 7/7 and my last 3 classes for grad school, I would be in for a next year type thing.

Maybe a 1 time a month thing next year from opener through “too cold” to fish?

Jesse Krook
    Y.M.H.

All right guys start shooting me some ideas for what nights will work best? Would you like weekly or bi-weekly ?

I’m going to get the ball rolling with calls to the DNR early this week.

jerrj01
    Hudson, WI

I’m in if it doesn’t get to serious about winning. I’d be in it to learn more about the Croix and meet a few of the other fishermen out there.

I think bi-weekly would work best. Every week gets to be too large of a commitment unfortunately.

I’d like to see the same CRR format as Doc has been running over on Menomin & Tainter. It would also be nice to do a cell phone start so to speak, so those of us who buy a season launch pass at various launches can utilize those.

Jesse Krook
    Y.M.H.

Justin,

I spent a Monday eve. in the boat with Doc fishing his league. I really like the AIM style format he runs. I could for see doing a cell phone start however you would still have to meet to get registered for the night, rulers, nightly keyword for photo’s, SD card for the camera and so on. Rite now this is new to me so I’m going to do my best to make it as enjoyable for everyone as possible.

Keep the ideas coming

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Quote:

Fall league would be very difficult. Gets dark too early after work.

d-train

I might be interested to meet a few people and help learn the river better (couple seasons under my belt now). Not really looking for a tournament just an excuse to fish Attendance might be spotty for me with 8 month old twins at home.

Quote:

I could for see doing a cell phone start however you would still have to meet to get registered for the night, rulers, nightly keyword for photo’s, SD card for the camera and so on. Rite now this is new to me so I’m going to do my best to make it as enjoyable for everyone as possible.

I wouldn’t think this would be a problem, provided the location to meet and register is a centralized one.

Suzuki is right, fall may be difficult due to the amount of daylight left after work.

I’m ready to start next week though if anyone else wants to!

mark_johnson
    St. Croix River

Quote:

Quote:

I could for see doing a cell phone start however you would still have to meet to get registered for the night, rulers, nightly keyword for photo’s, SD card for the camera and so on. Rite now this is new to me so I’m going to do my best to make it as enjoyable for everyone as possible.

I wouldn’t think this would be a problem, provided the location to meet and register is a centralized one.

Suzuki is right, fall may be difficult due to the amount of daylight left after work.

I’m ready to start next week though if anyone else wants to!

Good points here
    How about having the league set for one night a week for 8 weeks but only scoring 6 weeks. This would give everybody the option to miss up to 2 weeks if needed or to upgrade your lowest week?
    We could do the 8 weeks following the July 4th weekend

Quote:

Good points here
    How about having the league set for one night a week for 8 weeks but only scoring 6 weeks. This would give everybody the option to miss up to 2 weeks if needed or to upgrade your lowest week?
    We could do the 8 weeks following the July 4th weekend

Love this idea Mark!

cougareye
    Hudson, WI

I also like Mark’s idea, though I doubt we’ll have time to register with DNR. Can we just run it rogue and be very unofficial about it for the remainder of 2011 and look to make it more official next season?

I would run it weekly and if you can make it weekly, great, if not, no big deal.

ET

Jesse Krook
    Y.M.H.

Great idea Mark. Eric I know (for the Tainter League) under 20 boats no need to register with the DNR. It doesn’t look like we’ll have 20 boats.

Jesse Krook
    Y.M.H.

Just got off the phone with the WI DNR (pretty nice guy he was to)……….

Jesse Krook
    Y.M.H.

and the Fisheries Biologist I spoke with was glad I called and pointed me to the WI DNR web-site which summed up some of my unanswered questions. I was wondering if I need any permits so if we keep it under 20 boats I won’t need a permit so I need to know who is in with 100% confidence they’ll make it.

Here’s what I got from the DNR web-site :

Do I Need a Tournament Permit?

You will need a tournament permit in cases where any of the following apply:

* The tournament involves 20 or more boats, or 100 or more participants;

* The tournament targets any trout species on waters classified as trout streams;

* The tournament is a catch-hold-release tournament with an off-site weigh-in; or

* The total prize value is $10,000 or greater.

Jesse Krook
    Y.M.H.

Quote:

Quote:

Fall league would be very difficult. Gets dark too early after work.

So would that mean a weekend fall league ??? …..early saturday or sunday mornings ???

cougareye
    Hudson, WI

My ability to make it is dependent on which day of the week.

Monday and Wednesday’s will work better for me. Tu-Th I’ll have hoops starting in early August.

If it’s the type of league where make it if you can type of deal, I’ll participate everytime I can. If I need to be there every week, I’m doubtful.

ET

Jesse Krook
    Y.M.H.

Quote:

If it’s the type of league where make it if you can type of deal, I’ll participate everytime I can. If I need to be there every week, I’m doubtful.

ET

It’s gonna mostly be about the points

onestout
    Hudson, WI

do a nightly and end of season payout. Good reason to fish just once and to also fish the entire season.

mike-west
    Amery, WI

You have my interest. I might have missed something on original posts, but is this being looked at as a team event, or individual? To me that might make a difference regarding getting a partners comitment.
    Keep pushing forward, a great idea!

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 60 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.