Crockpot recipes

• TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

Crock pot lasagna. Lots of recipes out there, I don’t even recall where I got the one we use. The key is to find one that doesn’t contain too much liquid so that the lasagna is watery. I recall we went through several versions before we found the one we use now.

Whatever you cook, first get yourself a healthy supply of those disposable crockpot liners. Golden. These things make cleanup SOOOOOOO easy.

CaptainMusky

Whatever you cook, first get yourself a healthy supply of those disposable crockpot liners. Golden. These things make cleanup SOOOOOOO easy.

x10!

waldo9190
    Cloquet, MN

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>TheFamousGrouse wrote:</div>

x10!

ESPECIALLY in the wheelhouse.

crawdaddy
    St. Paul MN

Thanks for the recipes you guys. I made the ribs so far and then John’s pork chop recipe. I’m gonna keep trying everything I can. I can’t believe I hardly ever used a crock pot before!

Attachments:
    1. IMG_20240116_131656_01-scaled.jpg

weedis
    Sauk Rapids, MN

I made a Mississippis Pot roast yesterday day with some mash taters. Damn, that was good!

Deuces

I made a Mississippis Pot roast yesterday day with some mash taters. Damn, that was good!

Got mine going early this AM.

Added 2/3 of a chopped jalapeño, excited to see what that brings.

Don’t use peppers all that much, chopped er up and apparently didn’t wash my hands enough b4 using the bathroom….had a lil burn going where it shouldn’t be burning chased

Attachments:
    1. 20240119_090617-scaled.jpg

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

Don’t use peppers all that much, chopped er up and apparently didn’t wash my hands enough b4 using the bathroom….had a lil burn going where it shouldn’t be burning chased
    [/quote]

Been there. crazy doah

CaptainMusky

Not crockpot related, but a buddy makes jerky and he LOVES spicy stuff. He was going to make a batch last weekend and I said bring me some hot stuff. He gave me a little ziploc bag with like 5 pieces in there but only 2 were hot. I take a bite of the first one and HOLY SMOKES I had tears rolling down my face, mouth on fire and my nose started running. He was laughing is butt off. I said I sure hope that was a hot one and not the mild ones! Got home had one more and again burnt my face off! What are the chances that I got both of them? Not playing russian roulette anytime soon!

Mike Schulz
    Osakis/Long Prairie

going to doing a porketta roast in the crockpot Sunday!!!

John Rasmussen
    Blaine

Same here. Mike let us know how it turns out bud. waytogo

Mike Schulz
    Osakis/Long Prairie

sorry Captain never learned how takes pics and post them.. porketta is darn good stuff!!!! rotflol rotflol

John Rasmussen
    Blaine

You will have to excuse Mike, he is one of the retired fellows on Minnesota Outdoorsman. He’s even less tech savvy than myself. jester

picklerick
    Central WI

Is it a porchetta-spiced/style pork roast I’m guessing? Porchetta is a pork loin with some of the belly attached, seasoned/stuffed, rolled up, and tied. Can be skin-on or off. Rotisserie over coals is the way I’d do it but I’ve never made it. It looks awesome. I’d definitely get a skin on one.

Attachments:
    1. porchetta.png

CaptainMusky

Dangit picklerick for posting that pic! That looks so good!

crawdaddy
    St. Paul MN

I made ribs again and had them for lunch. They turned out a little tough. Not sure why. Cooked overnight on low for 8 hours.

Mike Schulz
    Osakis/Long Prairie

You will have to excuse Mike, he is one of the retired fellows on Minnesota Outdoorsman. He’s even less tech savvy than myself. jester

yes I am!! picklerick I have one from the front shoulder… boston butt.. It will be shredded when done

Mike Schulz
    Osakis/Long Prairie

if ya get to Manea’s in Sauk Rapids they have a very one as does Fraboni’s up in Hibbing… they have super good porketta roasts…

Deuces

Done deal, jalapeño was the ticket, might bump it to a whole one next time. Kids and myself love spicy but my stomache can’t do too much, pepper made it nice and warm. Didn’t want to change the flavor profile of what’s already a good dish.

Will be great to warm up to after some rink time.

picklerick
    Central WI

yes I am!! picklerick I have one from the front shoulder… boston butt.. It will be shredded when done
    [/quote]

Don’t leave us hanging. What’s the recipe? I’m waiting for the snow to go away before I make the real deal. I don’t actually own a crock put. I use a Dutch oven and find that about 275-300* in the oven works well. Chunk it up and it’s fork tender in a few hours. I usually just toss in a quartered onion, a few garlic cloves, salt, pepper, a couple bay leaves and a splash of beer or water to get it going. It will make plenty of it’s own juices and fat fast enough. The leftovers usually get seared in it’s own fat or some beef tallow for carnitas tacos or even just a hot sandwich. Also goes great over mashed taters.

picklerick
    Central WI

if ya get to Manea’s in Sauk Rapids they have a very one as does Fraboni’s up in Hibbing… they have super good porketta roasts…

I’d probably have to order it online. I buy pork belly and loin from Costco a few times a year but they never have skin on bellies. I did buy half a cow from a local farmer and picked it up about an hour away near Appleton. They did a nice job. I can handle the stuffing, rolling and tying. I just don’t want to have to butcher a side of pork myself. I’ll check them out.

Mike Schulz
    Osakis/Long Prairie

all I do onions, sometimes taters and carrots and the pork roast in cp.. with the pork seasoned so good already there is no need for any more seasonings…

Onthewater

Is it a porchetta-spiced/style pork roast I’m guessing? Porchetta is a pork loin with some of the belly attached, seasoned/stuffed, rolled up, and tied. Can be skin-on or off. Rotisserie over coals is the way I’d do it but I’ve never made it. It looks awesome. I’d definitely get a skin on one.

He is talking about a porketta roast. Also known as iron range porketta. It is made with the butt not the belly and just seasoned on the outside not rolled up. Quite a few grocery stores and meat markets around here sell their own version. It’s really good if you like fennel

Mike Schulz
    Osakis/Long Prairie

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>picklerick wrote:</div>

He is talking about a porketta roast. Also known as iron range porketta. It is made with the butt not the belly and just seasoned on the outside not rolled up. Quite a few grocery stores and meat markets around here sell their own version. It’s really good if you like fennel

yes!!

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

Went on a double date with a buddy in college to a mexican restaurant and saw him the next day and he told me he was having relations with his date after the dinner and all of a sudden she ran out of the bed screaming and jumped in the shower still screaming. He said he couldn’t figure out what was going on until he remembered there was a real jalapeno plant in the restaurant that we all thought was cool and were touching it.

Guess he didn’t wash his hands either.

Mike Schulz
    Osakis/Long Prairie

rotflol rotflol

bet that was their last time too!!!

crappie55369
    Mound, MN

Another good one – shredded beef

Jar of pepperoncinis (I don’t use the liquid)
    Package of ranch
    Package of au ju
    Stick of butter
    Chuck roast

When it’s done I like to put the meat onto a Hawaiian bun, add cheese on top and put in the oven under the broiler until the cheese is melted a little charred. Delicious

tim hurley

Hey its great for sides and soups too-Refried beans are cheaper better for you and taste better cooked in the crock, smash them up with a potato masher add salt, we end up freezing a bunch too.
    Greens like collard with a quality ham hock, at the end add some thick balsalmic, mmmm.
    Pea or navy been soup easy cheap and good in your crock.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Done deal, jalapeño was the ticket, might bump it to a whole one next time. Kids and myself love spicy but my stomache can’t do too much, pepper made it nice and warm. Didn’t want to change the flavor profile of what’s already a good dish.

Will be great to warm up to after some rink time.

Glad you liked the jalapeños in it.

Viewing 30 posts - 31 through 60 (of 69 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.