Crappie Rod

• John Rasmussen
    Blaine

So I broke an Avid 6’9″ ultra light that I was going to use for jigging and dragging for crappies, also used to cast small stuff. I feel like there was a thread not long ago on the topic, but could not find it. I am going to replace it and thinking of an upgrade. I also recall a few of you guys saying you liked a 7’0 light and thinking that is where I am going to go with it, so question is moderate or fast action, anything else I am missing?

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

I recently upgraded from the 6ft 9 ul to the 7 ft light, I am happy with the switch for dragging and pitching 1/16 jig and paddle tails as well as small lip less cranks. I still have the ultralight but it won’t be my go to any more.

But speaking of breaking a st croix I filed a claim 27 days ago about a broken avid x and have yet to get a response. What happened to them ? It used to be fast easy and painless.

John Rasmussen
    Blaine

But speaking of breaking a st croix I filed a claim 27 days ago about a broken avid x and have yet to get a response. What happened to them ? It used to be fast easy and painless.

Hopefully that’s not the case with mine. Al sent one in last year and had it within a week. He said it depends on what they have in stock. Maybe they did not have what you wanted? BC do you remember if it is a moderate action?

John Rasmussen
    Blaine

Thanks Deuces that was the one I was looking for! 7ft LXF it is.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Xf is what I went with. Great for pitching those small jigs and can but used for those baby jigs and shallow eyes as well. This is the rod I chose. The ul will still be used but I like this rod for the price and multi species use

Attachments:
    1. Screenshot_20240805_114601_Chrome.jpg

John Rasmussen
    Blaine

Thanks BC that is most likely what I am going to replace it with, unless they have an upgrade that is not too much more.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Well since I was rained out today I’m chilling at home doing nothing. I called st croix and was put on a call back list. Took 3 hours and I just got a call back. He said I was 2 weeks ahead of customer service even emailing me back. But he did process my claim while we were on the phone just now and my new rod will ship within the next 10 days.

John Rasmussen
    Blaine

Well since I was rained out today I’m chilling at home doing nothing. I called st croix and was put on a call back list. Took 3 hours and I just got a call back. He said I was 2 weeks ahead of customer service even emailing me back. But he did process my claim while we were on the phone just now and my new rod will ship within the next 10 days.

Well at that rate I guess I hope to have mine back by spring. shock

B-man

I have the older version of this and really like it for pannies, not an upgrade but an option on sale mrgreen

Attachments:
    1. Screenshot_20240805-150218.png

glenn57
    cold spring mn

So I broke an Avid 6’9″ ultra light that I was going to use for jigging and dragging for crappies, also used to cast small stuff. I feel like there was a thread not long ago on the topic, but could not find it. I am going to replace it and thinking of an upgrade. I also recall a few of you guys saying you liked a 7’0 light and thinking that is where I am going to go with it, so question is moderate or fast action, anything else I am missing?

were you fishin for bullheads with iowaboy when it broke?? doah devil peace rotflol

MX1825

Good one glenn! rotflol rotflol

I use aa 6’6″ Avid lxf for pitching or vertical jigging crappies. I can throw 1/32 oz cubbies 50 feet with 6 lb braid. Works for me.

John Rasmussen
    Blaine

were you fishin for bullheads with iowaboy when it broke??

Glenn, you should know that old plow boy ain’t letting anyone use a fishing pole when he’s got explosives around. woot

glenn57
    cold spring mn

^^^^^^^^^ rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol rotflol

MX1825

Glenn, you should know that old plow boy ain’t letting anyone use a fishing pole when he’s got explosives around. woot
    [/quote]

A half stick of dynamite works for most average depth of water around here. The tricky part is guessing the length of fuse needed to get out of the area of the blast. whistling

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.