Crappie jig body?

Does anyone know where I can find a jig body for crappies like this? They are black and orange with like fiber optic strands that sparkle. I don’t know the maker and I bought them at a hardware store that no longer stocks them. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Attachments:
    1. 20240628_112315.jpg

Jimmy Jones

That’s a home-made Fuzzy grub body.

Rodwork
    Farmington, MN

I have not seen those in the stores for a long time. I would find them on the peg board racks in some bait shops. Twin Tied Tackle might be able to help you. @b-man

Steve Root
    South St. Paul, MN

Looks like marabou and crystal flash. You can find stuff like that where they sell fly tying materials.

SR

Jimmy Jones

Other than the color of the soft plastic body, everything is common stuff for the fly tyer. Fuzzy Grub bodies are easy to make using a grub body with the tail cut off.

tim hurley

Thorne Bros has something like that-the body of the hook is wraped in hackle with feathers sticking out of the end. The fuzzy grub is a bit big for most crappie stuff.

Jimmy Jones

Thorne Bros has something like that-the body of the hook is wraped in hackle with feathers sticking out of the end. The fuzzy grub is a bit big for most crappie stuff.

Naw…. one can use a grub body off a crappie-sized grub, just remove the tail and use a thin wire loop to pull the materials thru the body and trim as long as desired. Then simply add the grub body to an appropriate sized jig. I’ve made tons of the pseudo fuzzy grubs doing it this way for crappies and sunfish fishing.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.