Crank Sprocket Slipping on Glacier Ice House

• IceHeave

I have a 8×17 Glacier RV Edition fish House. Bought it new last year, literally had it on the ice 6 times. I’ve experienced two major frame issues and now something new looming with the wench/crank sprocket on the front and door side (straps not cables). Twice on the door side and once on the front the sprocket slips just off the ice either raising or lowering the House? The teeth all look good and I haven’t been able to tell what’s failing but the House slams to the ice which is an obvious safety concern. Anyone had this issue or Know what’s going on?

mark-bruzek
    Two Harbors, MN

Are the straps anchored to the drum center with the bolt? Perhaps there is no bolt installed and the strap is slipping the drum.

castle-rock-clown

That and also once house is lowered don’t give the strap any slack. It can relax and then while putting pressure on it take up that internal slack and allow the strap to extend till she is taught around the drum again.

IceHeave

The strap is anchored. I looked all over the winch assembly, is there a way to get the rating? Is it possible that the winches are undersized for the weight of the ice house and it fails several inches off the ice at maximum stress? It weighs 4400lbs, what wench rating should be installed? Thanks for all the input!

IceAsylum
    Wisconsin Dells WI

Have you contacted the manufacture with these guestions?

404 ERROR
    MN

Are the teeth lined up straight or are there any washers/spacers that could be missing in the assembly? I have not had this issue with my wheelhouse, but I did see it in my boat when I bought a cheaper winch on Amazon.

Dusty Gesinger
    Minnetrista, Minnesota

If it’s a 2 speed winch, could be sliding in between gears.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.