Costa Del Mar Glasses – Yuck

• Ralph Wiggum
    Maple Grove, MN

I have the Corbina. This is what is coming apart:

Airtight, yeah, I don’t have a pair with nose pieces like that.

RT
    Twin Cities

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>RT wrote:</div>
    The issue with Costas and the rubber nose piece is that the rubber doesn’t play well with sunscreen.

Houston – we have a problem. A sunglass company whose product doesn’t work well with sunscreen blush

Exactly – really like the lenses (I’ve got the 580P and 580G) and comfort of the frames, but numerous pairs have gone back to Costa to have the nose pads replaced. I’ll keep buying them because I think they’re the best sunglasses available and they take care of them each time they’re sent in. It’s just rather odd that the rubber they use doesn’t jive with sunscreen. Or at least that’s what they told me.

Jake
    Brainerd

I’ve sent in three different pairs for various fixes over the last couple years. broken lens, nose piece coming off x2. Only ever had to pay for new lenses.

My last interaction was probably 6 weeks ago. I sent in a pair of Fantails that I’ve had for nearly 4 years. Nose piece rubber was coming off. I believe bug spray and sunscreen play a role in this most of the time. Especially bug spray. You have to fill out an online repair form and follow their steps. attach pictures etc, then send them in. To my surprise they came back as a brand new pair. New lenses and all. I couldn’t have been happier.

Maybe follow the repair form steps and skip the phone calls and emails.

311hemi
    Dayton, MN

Had my Blackfins replaced twice for this issue. The last time (1 month ago) they no longer had my lenses (silver mirror) and I had to go with a different color.

I love the glasses but will not be buying Costas again that have this type of frame.

mxskeeter
    SW Wisconsin

Costa has a special Blue Friday pricing deal. 30 to 50 percent off if anyone needs new sunglasses.

Bill Sackenreuter
    Devils Lake ND

I also have a pair of Costa Jose’ 580g green rx,(no nose piece)I have worn them for work everyday for bout 4yrs,no scrathes,most durable lenses I have had.I did break the frame couple months ago,ended up buying a pair of 589p green in order to replace the frame,plastic is nowhere close to glass.
    Wish they had a frame warranty like Oakley,if I couldnt get the glass lenses,I would go with the Oakley everyday, I have a couple pair of them.

Viewing 6 posts - 31 through 36 (of 36 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.