Lake McBride

• jfk24

Has anyone checked the ice thickness yet.

lebruce
    C.R. Iowa

Was on it last Sun. about a 1 1/2 ” and crack sounds with every step .Going to try it again in the am tomorrow.

lebruce
    C.R. Iowa

Went to the south arm out from the boat ramp today from 7:30 – 9:45,cought alot of little gills and a couple small crappies.The ice was 3 1/2″ there is still open water way out from the ramp.I went out till I got to 21’of water.

gillsandspecks
    Hiawatha, Iowa

L. Mcbride is still a little thin, Maybe 3 inches, so be carefull. Caught a few today, still scratching my head as to what possesses me to venture out on it so early. I did’nt see any body wearing a life vest, but I was. John

lebruce
    C.R. Iowa

Fished the north arm of Mc Bride on Wensday cought alot of crappies.Was fishing on ice that was around 4″thick just on the edge of the creeck channel. I keep 30 over 9 1/2 ” threw back another 67 that was 8-9 1/2″long. She was making ice good yesterday.

3way
    eastern iowa.

hey nice to see someone catching a few crappies at mcbride, i have been waiting for that 4 in of ice, the life jacket sounds like the way to go. i know the north arm kind of, you must be way back towards solon. never been back that far, need to do some research on that on. talked to some guys from the quad cities, they have been going to coralville. never gave any results though, that was about a week ago. so i know the ice was still iffy. have to take a drive and check out both after the weekend is over. can’t wait to try out the aqu-vu, watch all the fish swim over to the other huts.

lebruce
    C.R. Iowa

3way Coralville wont be fishable till mid to late Jan. at least for safe anough ice that is.That’s if we get alot cooler weather here for a longer time frame. I myself was on ice a 1 1/2″ thick on MacBride 2 weeks back butt still wouldn’t fill safe with the res.,still alot of open water on it and the channel runs all over it.

3way
    eastern iowa.

thanks for the ice info, one thing i’m not doing is rushing mother nature. i love to ice fish but i don’t want to be the fish being fished out of the lake. i will keep a close watch here and hope it comes soon.

superdave
    NE IA

I made a drive through macbride state park today. The ice looked to be in good shape, with about 15 people out near the ramp, and a few more by the beach. There were several four wheelers out to. I didnt do any fishing, but I did get a few pics of the deer to try out my new camera. I think they turned out pretty well.

superdave
    NE IA

Here’s one more

3way
    eastern iowa.

great deer pictures. looks like your going to love working with your camera. i try to take my camera everywhere i go, you never know when you might get that once in a lifetime shot. i still use my old 35mm, many more options on lens. i keep trying to catch those eagles diving for their dinner. maybe someday.

Dave Koonce
    Prairie du Chien Wi.

Hey there Supserdave,

lets get together and point thatcamera towards some fish !!

superdave
    NE IA

I hope to get up sometime soon Dave, maybe even next sunday? Work has still been super busy, ya know how it goes. But yep, so far I like the camera, seems to work well!

Dave Koonce
    Prairie du Chien Wi.

Kep in touch bud !!!

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.