Congrats Mn PWHL Inaugural Champions

• big_g
    Isle, MN

I am a little ashamed to admit, I didn’t really know about the Professional Mn Women’s hockey team… until last night. I was channel surfing and found the PWHL Championship game being played in Boston and a team from Minnesota was leading ! I watched the 3rd period and in so much unminnesota fashion, the team played well and grabbed the first title ! Congrats to the team and the whole league. It was actually fun to watch, fast paced and exciting. The league has 6 teams as of now, 3 Canadian and 3 US Teams and the teams do not even have Names yet. Congrats gals !!!

Dan
    Southeast MN

Agreed. Sounds like the major of St. Paul made some comments about how when a team wins a championship, they get a parade, so it sounds like that will be happening for them as well. Good for them.

Jon Jordan
    Keymaster
    St. Paul, Mn

Was watching the game too. Flipping back and forth between the Twins game. Minnesota clearly the better team. I had to chuckle late in the 3rd when they pulled the goalie down 2-1. They had just put up a stat the showed Minnesota shots on goal at 45 to Boston’s 10. I’m, like Mn is going to score an empty netter and seal the deal. About a minute later Mn is up 3-1 and Boston put the goalie back in.

Both teams came across as real class acts. The awards ceremony was well done!

-J.

big_g
    Isle, MN

Actually, they blanked Boston… 3-0. I figured we would get the empty netter also !!!

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

Somebody must have been drinkin last night. whistling

AK Guy

PWHL, the Lynx, the Whitecaps. Title Town!!!

Jon Jordan
    Keymaster
    St. Paul, Mn

Somebody must have been drinkin last night. whistling

LOL Yes. And Watching hockey on Tv makes me dizzy!

-J.

Ripjiggen

That interesting because watching basketball on tv make me nauseous too… jester

CaptainMusky

It was a wonderful game last night and congrats to those ladies they played their hearts out! They backed into the playoffs but came through. Loved watching them last night so skilled.

BigWerm
    SW Metro

KFAN has been covering them quite a bit, which is about the extent I’ve followed along. Pretty fun playoff format too, where the top seed gets/has to pick their opponent, which Toronto picked Minnesota. The college I went to has a great womens team, and I had a bunch of friends that played and were really good, so watched a lot of women’s hockey back then. It’s pretty fast and entertaining imo!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.