Competitor 175 LE tiller livewell system help

• gator800r

2016 Competitor 175 LE tiller

Livewell worked great this weekend but I couldn’t figure out how to drain them while on the water. They would drain at the end of the weekend after pulling the boat from the water but shouldn’t I be able to pump the water out while on the water? I hate having to carry around all that weight the next day after cleaning fish I want to empty it untill i need it again. Is that not a option? I have two livewells one at the rear and one in front on the bow. Both have a flo rite open and close. Any help is appreciated.

Attachments:
    1. 83E22170-46ED-4000-AE9C-A55F177DF716.jpeg

2. 2CF48C03-50BD-4675-B724-53EC716FB6CD.jpeg

3. 418A51F5-BB6D-4F53-869F-DC9632D44826.jpeg

FishBlood&RiverMud
    Prescott

You can probably open the drain, go fast until it siphons empty, then immediately plug after coming off plane.

But you drain in more than likely below the water line when in the water unless on plane.

Matt Moen
    South Minneapolis

My guess is you can only fill to recirculate with that setup. That rocker would have an “empty” setting if you could empty while on the water.

gregl2017

My 205 Tiller is the same, I like the open/close switch but having it constantly fill when running sucks.. You should be able to turn that functionality off!

I am contemplating changing the configuration to a standard pump in and out style and using the open/close just as a drain.

CaptainMusky

These boats have an on the go water pickup system so whenever you are on plane it is basically forcing water through the system. What I have found is that if you start with an empty livewell. Close the valve and then close off the aerator heads by screwing them all the way in, they will not fill with water.
    This works fine for my front livewell because I never use it as such and typically have stuff in there like a cooler.

gregl2017

These boats have an on the go water pickup system so whenever you are on plane it is basically forcing water through the system. What I have found is that if you start with an empty livewell. Close the valve and then close off the aerator heads by screwing them all the way in, they will not fill with water.
    This works fine for my front livewell because I never use it as such and typically have stuff in there like a cooler.

OH, I’ll try that this weekend! Thanks, I didn’t know the spouts can be turned off!

CaptainMusky

I hope it works for you, but it does on mine! I dont have a Competitor, tournament Sport, but I believe they are the same.

gator800r

Looks like IM going to have to come up with a new system that will allow me to pump the water out without having to pull the boat from the water. Disappointing, Not sure why the boats don’t come standard with a pump out system? Not a issue if your loading up your boat on a trailer every day but what a pain to get fish out of the livewell with your boat still in the water. Luckily my livewells do stay dry with the flo-rite control closed,plug in and aerator head screwed in.

CaptainMusky

Just use a trout net to remove the fish. I realize the water would still be in there, but then you are not chasing the fish around.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.