report 12 11 03

• dan(or)
    Portland, Oregon, USA

MD and I tried an old fimilar alley up at Rufus/Biggs just below the John Day Dam, which is about 100 miles east of Portland, Or.

Results were two dandy squawfish 22″ & 23″ I think these may be PRs for both MD and I . Too bad the program to pay for these fish is over for the year. Boy, did they have some big bellies…

Walleyes were there, but at 45 degree water temp, they were a little slow to pick up. We did manage 3, two eaters about 20″ and released a 25″ . MD had one come unpinned at the boat that was in the 28″ range.

attached is a pic of MD and his war wagon

dan

out in oregon land where the walleyes grow bigger and the water is liquid!

Fishmojo
    Boring, Oregon

Looks nice and calm. Are you finding the fish up by the deadline and Preacher’s Eddy, or down the WA. side by the willows. I’ve done fair along the rip-rap on the OR side downstream from the ramp in the past. Are you blade baiting still or worm harnesses, or … I haven’t done much walleye fish after October, so I was wondering what the seasonal tactics are. Thanks for any info you can share.
    FM

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

That is a spectacular photo with the mountains in the back!

StaleMackrel

Hi, I have a broher that now lives in Washougal, WA. He just recently moved there and I visited him for too short of a time in late September. He has a launch site 3 and a half blocks from his house on the Columbia. As of this time he does not have a boat. Is there any shore fishing available for walleyes at this spot? He was an avid bass fisherman at one point in his life in CA. I have told him to tap into this site and learn as much as he can. Thanks!

stillakid2
    Roberts, WI

Quote:

That is a spectacular photo with the mountains in the back!

Man…………I was just thinking the same thing! Beautiful!!! The idea of fishing within view of snowcapped mountains…………..awww man……………..it’s callin’ me James………IT’S CALLIN’ ME!!!!!!!

Not that misty AM’s aren’t beautifully Amazonish down by Lake City…………it’s just a different flavor out west!

You think I could twist your arm at any degree to take a road trip in ’04??? I’ve had enough “someday”…………..I’m goin’!!!

Fishmojo
    Boring, Oregon

I hate to burst your bubble, those are hills, not mountains.

Here is a mountain. Mt. Hood 11,235 ft. 40 miles from Portland. 20 miles from the Columbia.

More info: Mt. Hood, Oregon

DeeZee
    Champlin, Mn

WOW~
    What a view.
    I have got to experience that body of water next year. Big fish and nice scenery. Does not get any better than that.

rippinpigs
    Apple Valley, MN

Fish-

Those ARE mountains to us out this way… trust me! If you saw our “hills”, they would most likely resemble gopher mounds to you guys.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.