How many Columbia fishers are out there?

• Fishmojo
    Boring, Oregon

There isn’t a lot of activity on this catagory. How many of you are out there, who are you and what part of the river do you fish? Are there tournament guys here?
    Just curious. I like the format of this site and would like to see more activity. Thanks.

cfwalleye

Well, I’m relatively new to the river but starting to get the hang of it. I finally got a weekend free and the forecast is calling for more wind and rain. Oh, I’m going to head down to Portland for the weekend anyway, I’m just going to be a little wet.

DeeZee
    Champlin, Mn

Guys,

Thanks for visiting here and don’t think that you are alone on this forum because there is a enormous amount of people that have their eyes peeled to this site from the Upper Midwest that drool over some of the fish you guys have been showing all of us! I personally would like to thank each one of you here on this forum for making this forum happen. You guys are the sole reasons this forum is here. Believe me, sometime on the future we are planning a fishing field trip to come out and join you guys for a week or so to hopefully cash in on a little catch, photo and release action out there.
    I have never been to the Columbia River and cannot wait until I do, so feel free to post anything that you think could help all of us for our first trip to “walleye heaven”….bait shops, maps, campgrounds, lodging, techniques, preferred lure colors, best fish producing depths, restraunts, etc….

Anyone know where I can get a quality (columbia) river map from out there?

Thanks again guys and post away, lurking eyes are watching!

Good luck fishing!

dan(or)
    Portland, Oregon, USA

maps

Here is a site that has the river altas. That is what I use when scouting out or comparing notes on the Columbia River.

Looks like they start at 26 bucks or so. It goes from the mouth up to Lewiston Idaho…. beyond that like Lake Rosevelt someone else will have to chip in.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0945265123/102-1748612-6642551?v=glance

dan
    Out in oregon land where the walleyes grow bigger and nobody fishes for them:-)

Fishmojo
    Boring, Oregon

Steve, my favorite maps are from http://www.fishnmap.com/

They are vinyl coated and break up contour lines down to 5′. Also are highlighted with known hot spots. They have the Columbia broken down into 2 regions- you would probably want “above Bonneville Dam” for best fishing areas, or below Bonneville if your fishing near Portland. There are also good maps for Washington including Potholes, Banks, and Lake Roosevelt.

romigs
    Oregon

Spring bite is on and last weekend out of irrigon there was at least 75+ boats out of just that marina. most of which are tournament anglers prefishing for the Irrigon spring walley classic being held on march 27 and 28. Fishing on saturday my son an i boated 7 fish with one weighing in at 10.3 all fish released. fish are fairly aggressive with blade baits, spinner rigs and jigs all being productive, river here has a slight discoloration due to runoff so bright colors are the predominant choice.

cfwalleye

I spent last weekend fishing out of Maryhill. There were a lot of fish caught but nothing big. Most were between 19″ and 24″. I’m heading up to Irrigon this weekend.

–Chris

bottomfisher

I A COLUMBIA RIVER FISHER.I’M FROM KETTLE FALLS AND MAINLY FISH AROUND THERE.I DO FISH THE W.W.C.. I FISH JUST 3 TOURANMENTS PROPABALY 4 THIS YEAR(BANKS POTHOLES KETTLE FALLS TWO RIVERS).GREEN LUND 1800 FISHERMAN

stillakid2
    Roberts, WI

Bottomfisher! Welcome to the greatest site on the web! From the pictures I’ve seen, you’re on one of the best trophy waters in the country! Anytime you’ve got some pics or experiences (reports) to make us all in the Midwest drool a bit, please share!

This section of the site is still developing but coming along steadily and we’re glad to have you on board! For new ideas to use in your backyard, check out the other forums and articles here and gather all the info you can handle! And of course………..Tight lines to ya!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.