Columbia River?

• Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

Looking for some info on the Columba river. Got word from my mom that she is moving 80 miles from there. Might have to go visit her.
    What are the prime times of year for walleye fishing. What are other good times of year to fish out there?

lenny_jamison
    Bay City , WI

Quote:

Looking for some info on the Columba river. Got word from my mom that she is moving 80 miles from there. Might have to go visit her.
    What are the prime times of year for walleye fishing. What are other good times of year to fish out there?

When are we going Mike????? I have been wanting to hit the Columbia in search of those monster walleyes since DanOr started putting those pics on the Columbia forum on this site.
    Just say the word and I am there.

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

Will let you know when Im heading out there. From doing some searching on the web it looks like alot of good fishing to be had there. Ma is moving to a little town right on the coast about 90 miles south of the mouth of the columbia. The is anouther river that branchs of the columbia and heads that way that looks to have some eyes in it along with the other native fish. Maybe someone told me mid winter is good months for walleye fishing out there.

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

I’m pretty sure Dan was posting those pics in Jan???? Anyone recall? I’d love to go to. Just not in the cards the next couple years for me.

dan(or)
    Portland, Oregon, USA

They are still out here. Here is one my daughter put in the boat this summer.

dan(or)

dan(or)
    Portland, Oregon, USA

and one my good friend put in the boat

dan or

lenny_jamison
    Bay City , WI

The pics of walleye you post never cease to amaze me Dan. WOW!!!!!!

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

What section of the river do you fish? Waldport is where Ma is at. Guess that is south of the columbia a was.
    On the other hand my brother i law is building a shack in washington. Looks like I may be out that way in the spring to give him a hand with the plumbing. Sounds like a good reason to head out there and fish.

Great photos

dan(or)
    Portland, Oregon, USA

I fish from Portland to Umatilla = about 200 miles of river. The fish pictured are in the pool above The Dalles Dam.

Waldport is about 3 hours SW from Portland.

dan

lenny_jamison
    Bay City , WI

Quote:

I fish from Portland to Umatilla = about 200 miles of river.

Holy crap Dan. You don’t have to give him the exact coordinates of where you are fishing. Just general areas are fine. LOL

dan(or)
    Portland, Oregon, USA

here is the latest fish

Dan

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

Keep the pics coming Dan. Love those monster western eyes!!

lenny_jamison
    Bay City , WI

That’s it Mike. Let’s start planning a trip. I gotta get into those fish!!!! anybody else wanna go?
    Dan, what time of the year would you suggest for trophy fishing?

dan(or)
    Portland, Oregon, USA

late fall and full moon

dan

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

Nice fish.

DChappy

How Is spring? April? My Son is in Portland until Aug.
    I’ll be out there in April, thought about fishing.Walleye or Giant Srurgen?

dan(or)
    Portland, Oregon, USA

April is ok, like the midwest in the spring… a bit spotty. Sturgeon are a real kick too!

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.