What’s the latest news out here?

• stillakid2
    Roberts, WI

Just checking in…………. Local scenes are already invading the focus so if we’re getting busy, just wondering if all of you are too and if so, what’s news???

cfwalleye

A lot of the guy have begun focusing on the Washington lakes to prepare for the Washington State Circuit tourneys starting next week. The spawn is either finished or finishing up on most of the bodies of water. I fished the Rufus Woods stretch of the Columbia a couple of weeks ago and even with the water temp at 41, the males were leaving their mark all over my boat and a couple of the females caught were already spawned out. Yesterday the water temp in the dunes at Potholes reservoir was in the 60s already.

Here’s where we’ll be for the next couple of months:

2004 Tournament schedule

Washington Circuit

May 1 & 2: Potholes Reservoir

May 22 & 23: Banks Lake

June 5 & 6: Moses Lake

June 26 & 27: Kettle Falls (Lk Roosevelt)

Aug 14 & 15: Camas (Columbia R. at Portland)

Sept 18 & 19: Two Rivers (Spokane Arm area of Lk Roosevelt)

Columbia River Circuit

Mar 27-28: Spring Classic: Umatilla

July 10-11: Boardman

Sept 11-12: OR Governor’s Cup: Umatilla

lenny_jamison
    Bay City , WI

cfwalley

What kind of fishing action could a guy expect around the fourth of July on the Columbia?

Gator Hunter

cfwalleye

By July, there should be a good bite from Portland to Canada. The Oregon Governor’s cup is held the next weekend in the Boardman / Umatilla stretch so there will be a lot of guys up there prefishing. A couple years ago Bobby Crow and WA record holder, Kimo Gabriel won the tournament with almost 64 lbs. of big fat walleye. The bite below John Day Dam should be pretty good as well. The bite in the Portland area should just start heating up around then. Its a good time to be fishing the Columbia.

lenny_jamison
    Bay City , WI

Thanks for the info.

Waddaya think Kid?? I’ve got a week off over the Fourth. How ’bout a road trip to the Columbia?

Gator Hunter

stillakid2
    Roberts, WI

As much as I’d love to, and I’d LOVE TO!!!…………….I just can’t do ‘er in July. In fact, my original fall plans are looking rather dismal as well. Fear not………. I will get there, but the soonest would be this fall, maybe next summer if the fall doesn’t work.

You make an annual trip out there Gator?

lenny_jamison
    Bay City , WI

Quote:

You make an annual trip out there Gator?

Never been there. But I gotta change that soon!!!

Gator Hunter

stillakid2
    Roberts, WI

Me too! I love reading these guy’s posts and the pic’s are awesome for both fish and scenery! I’m determined to get out there……….. just can’t do ‘er by July.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.