Cold Weather Camo Options at Cabelas?

• skinnywater

I’ve been stock piling Cabelas gift cards for a while with the intent to get a decent jacket/bibs set for late season hunting. Looking online it appears my options are to either drop $1,400 on a Sitka set or $200 on some red head sh*t that will probably fall apart in 3 months

It looks like there are a few options out there like Nomad or Scentlok gear. Anyone have good experience with these brands or recommendations for a jacket/bib combo that won’t put me over $700.

broth82

I have the nomad harvester jacket and pants set, I have not tried it in cold weather but it’s light weight and fits great. It has a fleece lining that makes it really warm

tornadochaser

The northern flight stuff from cabelas is a good option.

Matt

I have been a fan of the Cabela’s Wooltimate stuff. Got the jacket, gloves, and hat, and they have been great. Not expensive at all either for what you get. No experience with the pants. I have some older Cabela’s ScentLok bibs that are very solid, too.

That being said, I have a few early/mid season Sitka items and if you can stomach the cost, they are totally worth it. Big “if” though, and the lighter stuff I have is a lot cheaper than the late season gear, which is why I got the Cabela’s stuff for cold weather.

MNBOWHUNTIN

Can’t remember the names, but I have tried 2 different cold weather cabelas jackets/pants with the windblocker. Both times the windblocker liner ripped apart and was useless. Basically seems like they just line the stuff with a grocery bag.

I do have Cabelas bibs/Jacket combo right now that has held up for 3 years. No wind layer in it, but I do layer with a scentblocker jacket/pant that has a wind layer in it. Layering is the way to go, I don’t think the outermost layer (when its super cold) is as important as whats worn under it.

poomunk
    Galesville, Wisconsin

Unfortunately neither Cabela’s or Bass pro sells them but my Arctic shield bibs and parka are the best cold weather gear I’ve ever owned. Going into season 12, parka is starting to show some age but the bibs are still like new, but I only use them deer hunting and when it’s 40 or lower out so they don’t get used a whole lot each year. Spendy though but that retain stuff is no joke.

I snatched up a blaze camo Cabela’s insulates silent suede parka on a 50% off sale right after Bass pro bought them, that was really nice also for the one season I’ve used it so far but they quit making it.

I’ve got a set of the cabelas wooltimate also which is also good, I use it when it’s in the 40’s (with a long John base layer) and 50’s (by itself).(edit – I looked at these, only the pants are wooltimate, the jacket is Cabela’s fleece something or other with the wind shear lining that I don’t think they make anymore either, had both of them at least 4 seasons and still look new)

Brady Valberg

Big fan of nomad harvester…but…check rogers…got my pants and jacket for half price…deoending on size and if your picky on camp they still have the lower prices

TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

It looks like Bass Pro has terminated all Cabelas branded clothing that overlaps with established Bass Pro owned “house” brands. The only line they kept was the Wooltimate.

So I would have recommended you look at the Instinct line and the Whitetail Extreme line, but now it looks like those have been ditched. Basspro has the old Cabelas going downhill fast…

Grouse

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.