Coho or steelhead

• Braydon

Is this a coho or stealhead tongue had a little gray so that coho but spots are threw whole tail.

Attachments:
    1. 2BA05AC2-2F9E-40B0-BB3A-35ED3ADE5D1F.jpeg

Dave maze
    Isanti

Coho. The anal fin gives it away. Look up great lakes salmon identification photos. Sometimes I second guess myself too.

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

Coho. The anal fin gives it away. Look up great lakes salmon identification photos. Sometimes I second guess myself too.

X2! I’m 100% sure that they are salmon.

Did you get out on superior today?

Timmy

X3. Also….Bows = more squared tail…. no forking

Braydon

No this fall been second guessing and finally had time to make account and post I thought cohos didn’t not have spots on bottom of tail but mouth was gray and tongue was grayish black so got very confused just got into fish last year so new to me. Thank tho

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

No this fall been second guessing and finally had time to make account and post I thought cohos didn’t not have spots on bottom of tail but mouth was gray and tongue was grayish black so got very confused just got into fish last year so new to me. Thank tho

Definitely cohos then. Steelhead will have a white mouth. Chinook a very black mouth.

Chuck Melcher
    SE Wisconsin, Racine County

I’ve only been fishing them a couple years, and always struggle. Got a nice color printout with notes in it from the DNR once and keep it in the boat all the time.

Johnie Birkel
    South metro

When the scales fall/flake off like the far right it’s usually a sign it’s a coho.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.