North Center Sunnies

• jaywc7
    N48.86757 W93.04575

I was out a few days ago with my grandfather on North Center lake. We pulled his portable off the shore into his special hole. I haven’t been ice fishing recently, so it was a good time to get out with gramps. What was really neat, is that the sunnies were about 5 feet under the ice where we were catching them. With the almost bare ice, it was so bright under the ice that I could watch them swim up and grab my jig! It’s always so much more fun when there is greater intimacy with the fish. Unfortunately for my grandfather, I now know where his house is!

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

Welcome to the site Josh. Sounds like you had a good day of fishing. From your BIO I see you spend some time on the croix. Do you fish over there much?

rvrat
    st cloud,mn

No better reason to spend time with gramps

chomps
    Sioux City IA

I recognize that church in the background. Nice to always have a place to fire up the heater, and let your stress go down the hole. Keep us up to date, that area usually has some crappies move through toward dusk.

Jack Naylor
    Apple Valley, MN

Welcome Josh to IDA, you are going to like it around here. Post often!!!!

Jack..

erick
    Grand Meadow, MN

You should recognize the church it was in a classic movie about 10 years ago ir so….Grump old men the wedding at the end was held in that church if i remeber correctly

jaywc7
    N48.86757 W93.04575

Quote:

Welcome to the site Josh. Sounds like you had a good day of fishing. From your BIO I see you spend some time on the croix. Do you fish over there much?

I participate in the annual catfishing tournament each summer in July on the St. Croix. I have fished it 7 of the last 8 years. We spent loads of time north of St. Croix Falls on the river when I was younger. I haven’t done much fishing on the river recently except for the cat tourney. Since our recent move back to the area, I have a feeling my activity around the river is about to change…

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.