Any words of wisdom?

• jags

Howdy all, I will be heading up to chetek for the weekend of the 21st to close up the cabin for the winter. Any suggestions for hunting down some crappie or walleye? Are the northern’s doing anything?

kingfishbob
    Chetek, wi

assuming you made it up this post is too late to tell you to wear the hunting garb. crappies have been somewhat active at silver birch and near the pokegama bridge just off the sand bar.

jags

We made it alright. A little chilly out there. Found a few crappie while hiding from the wind. Usually in about 12ft of water, suspended in the 8 to 10 ft range. Very slow bite. The bass were more active than I thought they were going to be. Several in the 2+ range. Picked up 3 walleye, but they were all short ones. Perch were fairly active as well. Our cabin is in a backwater area by lakeshore. Went to pull the boat out to get it on the trailer and had to break through 1/8″ to 1/4″ of ice to get out. Getting a little to close call for me.

kingfishbob
    Chetek, wi

will not be too long JAGS before we will be hard water fishing. I hope we will see the crappies grow even more this winter. I expect to see alot more of the 10 to 12 inch next spring/summer. We could be in for a good few yrs of excellent size.

putor2001
    Cameron Wi. North end of Prarie lk.

lake temp was 39 degrees Tuesday afternoon…. Had a pretty good sheet of ice across the bay today, but it’s sposed to be warm next week 10-20-06

vman59
    Barron,wi

ok Putor time to put the luxury boat of yours away and get ready for hardwater fishing ! Oh thats right you GO SOUTH when it drops below 30 degree’s. Can you say MIGRANT !

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.