First familly vacation to Chetek

• GTR

I have enjoyed looking and reading your posts for the last year on this and the other websites, and finnally next week I get the privallage of heading up there. I am mainly interested in the crappie and Walleye. Any good ideas on were to start looking and or using. I am gussing the crappie are scattered and deep and the walleyes are the same with this hot weather of recent days. If some one could give me a few clues on here or meet up there this weekend it would be appriciated. Or should I just get a guide for a day? I am open for suggestions. God I hope the fish are bitting because I can’t stand sitting in the cabin all week!!

kingfishbob
    Chetek, wi

GTR, enjoy your stay up here in the north. finally got down in temps and should be normal for next week. depending on where you are staying I would suggest looking for 10 ft + water and start there for crappies. small jigs tipped with waxie or minnow. drop to the bottom and crank up two turns. drift at all times. you will see lots anchored but little fish are generally found that way. eyes have been tough this yr. there are several guides on the lake. Dan Aikens is one my folks have used for eyes and bass. Good luck

GTR

I am staying at the shorewood resort on Lake Chetek is that helps. thanks for the info

vman59
    Barron,wi

as King said is the way to fish the crappies. As for eyes they are not as deep as one might like to think.Work the weed edges either trolling with fire tiger crank baits or slip bobber with large leech’s.Have had my best luck along the west shore both south and north of Burnhams island(have to get a map). West shore has a very nice weed bed which runs the entire length of the lake almost.

GTR

Thanks for the suggestions.
    I am getting excited to leave.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.