chetek pike fishing?

• williamdance

hello everyone,
    a few buddies and i are goin up to chetek for 7 days next week, and im lookin for a little advice before we go.
    we are going to target a lot of species, but we all want to try to get some northern while we’re there. how is the northern pike fishing there lately? any suggestions on how and where to fish for them? we’re stayin on the southern part of prairie lake…
    otherwise, what else is biting right now?
    thanks in advance for any advice!!

smithkeith
    Waterloo, Iowa

Try the north end of Ojaski along the weed lines. The weed lines in Ten Mile and Moose Ear also are good. Another good spot is around the cover in the area of Baptist Bay. I haven’t fished for pike this year but that is a good place to start. I am also going to be there that week so hopefully the fish is good. The crappies were still going good this last weekend.

vman59
    Barron,wi

if your staying onth e south end of Prarie no need to travel all over looking for them. One of the best spots is right out in front of Ravenswood resort and that entire shoreline working the weedline all the way to Burnhams island and to the north and out to the point to the south.. Also both bays to the south of Ravenes wood and in front of Millers island. use large shiners or ltroll with large rapala’s in silver/black or gold/black. bigger the better.

kingfishbob
    Chetek, wi

come on vman, you know fishing by ravenswood will get many of those eyes who take the northern baits, How can one fish northerns when the eyes keep jumping on. Know that trolling the 12 ft depths north of burnahm will get both quite frequently. Northerns down by me have been slow at best. BIG snappers seem to love the large sucker minnows set for northerns lately. 2 in last week over 30lb each. They can really get the northern fisherperson excited till he comes up to the top.

williamdance

Quote:

come on vman, you know fishing by ravenswood will get many of those eyes who take the northern baits, How can one fish northerns when the eyes keep jumping on. Know that trolling the 12 ft depths north of burnahm will get both quite frequently. Northerns down by me have been slow at best. BIG snappers seem to love the large sucker minnows set for northerns lately. 2 in last week over 30lb each. They can really get the northern fisherperson excited till he comes up to the top.

well, im not opposed to catching walleye either! hopefully not too many snappers though.

vman59
    Barron,wi

King ; thats true they will get you some eyes but i would use the largest leech’s big jumbo’s and work the weedline with slip bobbers.Find the weed edge you will find the eyes out in front of ravenswood.

kingfishbob
    Chetek, wi

come on vman, I’ll race ya toit. oops cookout night no fishin. sorry.

hurricane
    Cameron, WI (north end of Prairie Lake)

Don’t worry Kevin…his Mama won’t let him open it up for a race….Stay on your own lake, Bob…we got ENUF of them Chedic pontoons and yatchs up here…LOL

kingfishbob
    Chetek, wi

Cane, mama got her ears straightened out twice last week on the trips to north of burnahm for gills and whatever else. Was up near you also last week but the motor does not run well in those thick weeds in you inlet. We will have to take you for a ride. 4 people 4 mph so I cannot go fast long or gas runs out.

northerns have been slow down at the south end. One couple fished for them all week with no keepers. Did see a 5 lber caught last sat by bass fisherman.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.