Test – new forum

• James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Just for you Mr. Brooktrout!

Well, ok, maybe not just for you but it was your idea.

vman59
    Barron,wi

Thanks for our own Thread Jim !
    Now for a fishing report ; Gills are just plain hot and can be had with ease in the shallows on just about anything you can put under a bobber, also on fly rods as well. Crappies are done spawing and starting to move out into the summer deep water. have heard of a few Walleyes being taken but no hot reports. Bass ( green carp) as we here call them are another hot bite right now and can be caught right along side the gills suing leech’s. The entire chain is hot for gills right now.

hurricane
    Cameron, WI (north end of Prairie Lake)

Would like to add my thanks for the thread. Will confirm everything Vman said about the gills being the fish of the day…the shoreline in front of my place can not hold another bed from what i saw today…gills are in BIG TIME!!! There are a few bass (GREEN CARP) beds scattered in the mix, also.

Again thanks for the thread…we’ll try to keep it active.

kingfishbob
    Chetek, wi

gills and crappies still strong on our end (ten mile) seems like the larger spawned out crappies have moved to the 10 ft depths. great to see our group back at posting info. tight lines guys.

vman59
    Barron,wi

My son talked me into going out on the chain tonight, Crappies were boiling the water all around the long bridge that seperates chetek and prarie. fished the little bay right next to the bridge on the NE side and caught at least 30 big gills and cpr’d them all. They are on the beds and took my fly rod out and it was a blast !

vman59
    Barron,wi

blue gills are on the beds and the crappies are done. Both are extremely good bites right now. Gills on leech’s and the crappies on minnows or small jigs.Hve heard of a few reports of walleyes biting trolling the deep water in Prairie and Chetek and a few small one on Pokegama. Also northern action seems to be picking up with the warmer weather.

vman59
    Barron,wi

sons fished the bay to the left of meadows island and really did well on nice gilss using leech and peices of night crawler.

putor2001
    Cameron Wi. North end of Prarie lk.

Hey !!!!! Guess who finally made it !!!!
    Thanks for the new thread.
    Good job puttin it together vman.
    Hey, Cane & King.
    Crappies & Gills are hittin good up here on the North end of Prarie… There now out away from shore as all have said and sometimes are schooled up and sometimes scattered, depending on the time of day. Two days last week they would hit as soon as the jig hit the water, but now this week they seem to be a little more picky… 1/16 oz jig & as always for me, a smoked 2″ twister-tail have been working well….I add some Crappie Candy if the bite is slow.

jighead-two
    Cedar Falls, Iowa

Just got back yesterday. Was there the 8th to the 14th. Somedays were a little slow (weekend)and some were really hot,Monday and Tuesday. We were on Prairie, White Alumacraft Lunker tiller w/40 Honda. At times all 4 had crappies on the same time, couple of jumbo gills, no tagged fish. All fish were released. I’m envious of you guys that live there. We used 1/32 and 1/16 oz kip tails with no meat.

vman59
    Barron,wi

Sons were fishing the points just north of horseshoe island and doing pretty good on nice gills in about 8-9fow using leech’s on evil eyes.
    Putor post the pic of the big gill you caught!

jighead-two
    Cedar Falls, Iowa

That’s right where we stayed, at a friends place, second point.

putor2001

Tried to post the pic….. File was too big.

jhalfen

Putor….send me your pic using the address in my signature line. I’ll get it posted for you.

jhalfen

Here’s putor’s nice gill.

vman59
    Barron,wi

ok going to go out onthe water with Putor tomorrow afternoon after work. The newest trans-plant has spoken so we are going out will let you know how we do.

putor2001

Well……. One of us made it !!!! Found another fresh down tree by the big bog just North of Gopher Bay… It was loaded with Crappie & two Green Carp.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.