Chequamegon Bay fishing report

• David G

Decided to hit the bay last year for the first time. Went to Anglers All for info/advice. Spent some cash for things I didn’t really need. My way of paying for advice. Not impressed with that shop. They haven’t updated their fishing report since last July.
    I want to learn that bay this summer. Smallmouth are my number one. Any advice?

arcticm1000
    New Richmond, WI

Hire Josh Teigen for a trip?

or check out IDO’s latest.

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

With the warm and sunny / calm weather today I’m sure those fish are on fire!

cbeeksma
    Delta, WI

Hiring a guide is an excellent idea….You could also call one of us and we would be happy to provide some good pointers. There is a lot to know about weeds, current, rock areas, current….

David G

Thanks for the reply James. You think water temps are up? We’re still in the 40’s on the Lac du Flambeau chain.

David G

I may take you up on that. Thanks

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Thanks for the reply James. You think water temps are up? We’re still in the 40’s on the Lac du Flambeau chain.

Water temperature were in the 40s when we fished. 44° if my memory serves. These warm sunny days yesterday and today should have them fired up pretty good.

David G

Again, thanks. See you out there.

gizmoguy
    Crystal,MN

James, heading there tonight. Any action on jerk baits?

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

James, heading there tonight. Any action on jerk baits?

We didn’t throw any jerk baits. If you can keep them out of the wood I’m sure they’d be effective.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.