Chatterbaits Continued

I’ve recently been putting in work with the Z-Man Chatterbait Jackhammer. Coming in at a pricey $15.99, I was skeptical at first. I bought two with a gift card to try out, and I was astonished by how many more fish I caught than the original. I used two colors: Green Pumpkin and B-Hite Delight. I found that I caught the majority of my fish by getting snagged in weeds and then ripping the bait out of them. I’ve experimented with many trailers, such as Keitech Swing Impact Fats, Strike King Rage Swimmers, Lake Fork Magic Shads, and even the Yamamoto Zako which was specifically designed for Chatterbaits. The best trailers I’ve found have an action that matches the Chatterbait, rather than moving too fast or too slow. The only trailer I use now is a Strike King Rage Twin Tail Menace Grub. Thanks for everyone’s suggestions in my last post, and I hope you can give Chatterbaits a try.

Tight Lines!

Tuma
    Inactive
    Farmington, MN

Z-Man Chatterbait Jackhammer. Coming in at a pricey $15.99,

shock The last z-man chatterbaits I picked up were on sale for $0.99. That was about 3 or 4 years ago. They look that same from a quick search.

Tuma
    Inactive
    Farmington, MN

They look that same from a quick search.

I take that back. They don’t have a wire keeper on them and are smaller.

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

I’ve heard that the originals aren’t great but the higher level lines of ZMan are pretty good. I have only used the original and the custom, but from what I can tell and have heard, on the higher level chatterbaits the blade starts vibrating much quicker while jigging/stopping and starting than the originals.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

I had more luck on the originals so far, but the higher end ones I got are bigger. I like the one where the lead head is free moving from the hook.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.