Chamberlin South Dakota

• Rackbuster
    Spicer MN

Anyone heard how the bite is out in chamberlin by any chance? heading out the 24th.

Browndog
    Omaha, NE

It is good. Typical pattern as previous years, but water is down. Be careful!

Michael Best

I was there 2 weekends ago. Bite was tough but we got our limit.
    I heard of a few boats this past weekend that did really well.

Droptinex2

Rack buster, we are going out on the 24th also, plan to fish Thursday and Friday to avoid the Saturday crowd. Staying west river next to Al’s Oasis.

reddog

If you can figure out how to get them to bite.. youll be fine..

slowpoke
    Perham Mn

My son-in-law was out last week-end. His boss hired a guide for all of his employees. They did really well pulling cranks with lead core line in 18 to 24 ft. He even got a bonus fish. He snagged a 40# paddlefish.

Terry Heese

plan to fish Thursday and Friday to avoid the Saturday crowd.

If the weather is nice doesn’t matter what day it is. Have fun. Cedar Shore opened up & docks going in this week, that should help with the crowded ramps.

Rackbuster
    Spicer MN

I heard they are not letting very much water out of the dam

snelson223
    Austin MN

I heard they are not letting very much water out of the dam

They run water durning the week. So if you are fishing the weekend it could be slow fishing.

tornadochaser

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Droptinex2 wrote:</div>
    plan to fish Thursday and Friday to avoid the Saturday crowd.

If the weather is nice doesn’t matter what day it is. Have fun. Cedar Shore opened up & docks going in this week, that should help with the crowded ramps.

Yep, next nice warm weather we get all of the ramps will be busy; even if it’s a tuesday. Especially since there’s still a fair amount of ice on other stretches of the river yet. Still fun to get back out and enjoy open water again. I’m ready for eyes splashing along the rocks at dark absolutely T-boning F11’s.

bassh8er

Any recent reports? Usually fish the Platte area but going up to Chamberlain for the first time on Thursday night.

Any ideas of ramps to use or depths fish are holding at would be appreciated. Will post a report when we return.

tornadochaser

Any recent reports? Usually fish the Platte area but going up to Chamberlain for the first time on Thursday night.

Any ideas of ramps to use or depths fish are holding at would be appreciated. Will post a report when we return.

Had 7 buddies out there this past weekend. They got their fish shallow away from the crowds, but said a lot of guys were just playing follow the leader up and down the channel. Honestly, with the way the bite was on eastern SD lakes on saturday and sunday I don’t see the appeal of playing bumper boats in chamberlain.

bassh8er

Thanks guys; lots of boats out there but plenty of fish as well

Attachments:
    1. A0ADAF73-5B26-4E1F-BB60-047F30B5651B-scaled.jpeg

snelson223
    Austin MN

We had our limit by 8:30 yesterday and by 10 today. Trolling shallow rocks by town.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.