Central MN Moose on the Loose

• ThunderLund78

Seems he was spotted in the Nimrod/Sebeka area over the weekend. He’s made it across all major Highways and is almost into current moose range.

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

A friend of mine who has land just North of Browerville just pulled the cards from his trail camera’s, and sure enough he has the Moose on one of them. This was on Nov. 22nd. I hunt a stand that is located only a few hundred yards from where the picture was taken.

CaptainMusky

You guys see there is yet another moose in Iowa that seems to be heading NOrth? So now two moose and a 5×5 elk wandering around.

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

Seems he was spotted in the Nimrod/Sebeka area over the weekend. He’s made it across all major Highways and is almost into current moose range.

I think at this point there will not be many more sightings. He’s getting into much more heavily wooded areas now. Sure would be cool in they had him micro chipped so we could find out his final destination and if he survives for long.

ThunderLund78

I think at this point there will not be many more sightings. He’s getting into much more heavily wooded areas now. Sure would be cool in they had him micro chipped so we could find out his final destination and if he survives for long.

Agree – And a lot of times these wandering animals are sick. Hope that’s not the case – he appears healthy. Hope he lives long and productive life, we need more moose.

CaptainMusky

Usually when they have that brain worm they head south and die. This one appears (along with the other one now in Southern MN) are heading North. That is highly unusual for a sick Moose. I read some people speculating that he came from somewhere out West and really wasnt noticed until Iowa.

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

How to know where these moose came from or are going. There sure is no shortage of theories of why and how they got in Iowa. Personally I find it hard to believe that they Made a trip from someplace in Northern Minnesota or Canada all the way to Iowa and are no going back to Northern Minnesota or Canada. There would have had to be lots of sightings of them on their way south. As to how they got to Iowa, unlike lots of others, I have no Theory at all.

big_g
    Isle, MN

I think the answer is embedded in this thread… they headed south because they were sick… got into some good Iowa corn and are now healed ! Time to head north again ! smash peace yay waytogo

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

I think the answer is embedded in this thread… they headed south because they were sick… got into some good Iowa corn and are now healed ! Time to head north again !

Well if that is the Case, then at least something good comes out of Iowa jester

Deuces

Title automatically brings back memories of “goose is on the loose” when out drinking w some gals

Viewing 10 posts - 31 through 40 (of 40 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.