Cedar Lake

• Logan Krieger

Want to fine some good pan fish. I’ve never fished this lake so I don’t really know what to expect. Ice wise, probably going to look over the deeper holes for crappies. Then move shallow for sunnies. Where do I go.. and not go. Going to be traveling 2hours one way so I would like to get on some fish.

Thanks,
    Logan

JoeMX1825
    MN

I don’t have specific spots, but this lake has several large bays that get VERY deep, I would find any shallow humps & points and work out from them until you mark fish. I’ve found the northern portions of the lake are better than the south in terms of breaks and structure.

I’ve heard stories of natural springs in certain areas that can weaken the ice, so might make sense to stop at a local baitshop and see if they have more details…

Logan Krieger

Thanks for the response. I will be on a four wheeler. But like you said. No ice is safe.

Logan Krieger

Drove all the way up there an the public Access wasn’t plowed out at all. I couldn’t make it out at all. Really disappointed.

Huntindave
    Shell Rock Iowa

Drove all the way up there an the public Access wasn’t plowed out at all. I couldn’t make it out at all. Really disappointed.

This is probably true for most (not all) lakes in that area. I’m always skeptical about driving in off the plowed road with my enclosed trailer. The trailer does not have enough ground clearance to be dragging it though an unplowed parking lot, especially if I have to drive down a single lane road to get to the parking area so I can turn around.
    Not sure if one could call the local county road department a few days in advance and sweet talk them into plowing out the access?

Steve Richards

Logan, unable as the snow was too deep for 4-wheel drive? We are heading up this weekend hoping to be able to drive 1/2 ton trucks out?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.