White Sturgeon on the Columbia River

• Wade Boardman
    Grand Rapids, MN

Well, I’m happy to report my buddy who travels a lot finally cowboy’d up and took advantage of one of the many trips he takes every year.

He’s road tripping with his daughter and a friend. They decided to do a little fishing on the Columbia River for White Sturgeon. Sounds like they had some luck today. They caught one smaller sturgeon and another nice one (7.5′ long and approx 250#). He said they lost a monster (broke 130# test line) while they were trying to chase it down with the boat. I would love to have seen a picture of that fish.

I’m looking forward to hearing the stories and seeing the pics when he gets home.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Nice!

I hope he has a better photo of the larger one.

That has to be a HOOT!

Wade Boardman
    Grand Rapids, MN

I asked him that. He told me took a lot of good pics. I’m looking forward to seeing them.

armchairdeity
    Phoenix, AZ, formerly from the NW 'Burbs, Minneapolis, MN, USA

Dayum… I wish there was an envy emoticon.

Congrats to buddy!

davarndt
    Newport,Mn

I CAN ONLY IMAGINE…ME AND MY BRO WENT TO COLUMBIA RIVER ABOUT 5 YRS AGO AND HAD A GUIDE FOR 2 DAYS IN LATE MAY,I WOULD GO BACK THERE EVERY YEAR BUT BOTH OF US SUFFERED TENDONITIS FOR A YEAR AFTERWARD….WE HAVE ALL 5 STURGEON ON VHS,THAT WAS SO FUN

jeff_huberty
    Inactive

Nice fish

Best sturgeon video I ever watched was Babe winkleman In a floating tube battling a giant sturgeon.
    I believe it is posted on You tube.

armchairdeity

Quote:

I CAN ONLY IMAGINE…ME AND MY BRO WENT TO COLUMBIA RIVER ABOUT 5 YRS AGO AND HAD A GUIDE FOR 2 DAYS IN LATE MAY,I WOULD GO BACK THERE EVERY YEAR BUT BOTH OF US SUFFERED TENDONITIS FOR A YEAR AFTERWARD….WE HAVE ALL 5 STURGEON ON VHS,THAT WAS SO FUN

Dude, I’ve sworn off being the English Nazi around here but I must point out that using all caps is widely considered to be the same thing as yelling and isn’t particularly polite on teh intarwebs.

And I’m just putting this info out there for the benefit of whomever may read it, not in an attempt to correct anyone. FOR INFORMATIONAL PURPOSES ONLY!

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Some of us Old farts are hard of hearing.

t-ellis
    Colorado Springs, CO

Quote:

Nice fish

Best sturgeon video I ever watched was Babe winkleman In a floating tube battling a giant sturgeon.
    I believe it is posted on You tube.

You mean this one. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lwnXpkyRsFM

I thought he was going to lose his rod/reel a couple times. What a hoot.

armchairdeity

LMAO!

He comes to our family reunions, even though he’s more of a neighbor and less of a family member… some like him, some don’t. Those that don’t tend to think he worships at the shrine of the babe.

But it’s still cool.

Nice video!

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

I would love to do a combo walleye/sturgeon trip out there. Thanks for sharing the photos!!

average-joe
    Hudson, WI

Quote:

I would love to do a combo walleye/sturgeon trip out there. Thanks for sharing the photos!!

No Sheeite, that would be a real blast

Although I heard that walleyes were more or less considered to be rough fish to them, due to the fact that they prey on the salmon fry, and that’s what the commercial fishermen depend on

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.