2010 Flathead Cat Fish Photo’s

• armchairdeity
    Phoenix, AZ, formerly from the NW 'Burbs, Minneapolis, MN, USA

I’m dyin here… I haven’t been out since last Tues and it’s killing me. And the weekend is busy so I may not get out this weekend either, unless it’s for shore fishing.

*sigh*

Nice lookin fish there, KAT.

malomike
    River Falls, WI

Pulled this guy from the Croix last night on a chub 15#… By the way, here’s the frisbee I caught. (pulled my pole right over and even took out the drag some when I reeled it in)

-Mike

cat-stevens
    Rochester,MN

Really nice frisbee there Mike!

I kid,great looking flattie! On a chub you say? How deep?

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Gonna mount the Frisbee?

malomike
    River Falls, WI

fishin about 12 feet of water in the flats (no pun intended)…

-Mike

sootie
    arcadia wi,

so far this year 1st picture is swiminjig with a 25lb,and me with a 12,20, and a 44lbs three nites of fishing,first year for fishing flats.

armchairdeity

Quote:

Pulled this guy from the Croix last night on a chub 15#… By the way, here’s the frisbee I caught. (pulled my pole right over and even took out the drag some when I reeled it in)

-Mike

Love the t-shirt duder.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

I just needed to put this in here in-case 5 more years go by without a PB. 38#, well maybe 37# if she ate the sucker that was on the line.

Tim Bossert
    Cochrane, WI

Sooooo that 60 pounder is still up for grabs BK?

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

I haven’t seen one out of MN or WI…but I don’t get out much.

NE trumped us all with Ben Garver’s 55 inch 72 pounder. Ben doesn’t know IDO has a catfish forum.

Word on the street is that he won a walleye tourney with that cat. Pull 6 eight pound eye’s out of it’s belly to take first place. I don’t know if that’s true or not…just a street rumor.

swollen-goat
    Nicolet County

Having a job and running a farm has limited my night time flat head fishing in the past years, so when I hooked into this nice 18 lb flat, needless to say I was quite pleased. It was a nice follow up to the 11 lb flat I landed about an hour earlier. So how late we gonna hit flatheads this year?

Ben Garver
    Hickman, Nebraska

My personal best, 72#’s on a crankbait.

armchairdeity

Quote:

My personal best, 72#’s on a crankbait.

Showoff.

OK, fine… Congrats, dude, she’s a beaut!

cspierings
    Oregon, WI

Took the day off to take my son ice fishing. He wanted open water instead. Headed for the river and caught my first and personal best flat head. 56.12 pounds

I am 6’9″ and the fish reached from the ground up past the point of my hip. I have a 38″ inseam so that fish was at least 40″ wish I would have had a tape to get the length and girth. She swam away and didn’t look much worse for the wear. Caught on my walley rod, ML action 15lb powerpro.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

OK then! That had to be a hoot!

56.12…you have what counts anyway!

So the question of the day is, were you in a boat or fishing from shore and…what was the bait?

Congrats on what must have been a heck of a fight!

cspierings
    Oregon, WI

Bait was a sunfish fillet. We went to the river to try my son’s new reel out. Unfortunately he didn’t get anything to give it a test. Just a couple small channels. We were fishing from shore. He did try out his other Xmas present his Kodak Playsport camera so there is a little video of the fish as it is about done being played and the release after.

If flathead fight like that one it could get addictive. My ML st croix was under a lot of stress when I tightened the drag down to make some headway on that fish.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

Quote:

If flathead fight like that one it could get addictive.

I would have to agree with that!

If you get the video up on a hosting site like YouTube, let me know. We’ll get it posted here.

Like I always say while catfishing…it only takes one!

armchairdeity

Quote:

If flathead fight like that one it could get addictive. My ML st croix was under a lot of stress when I tightened the drag down to make some headway on that fish.

Flathead fight like that, fo sho… and a big channel has, pound-for-pound, as much fight as any flathead. This is why I can’t understand why more people aren’t addicted to catfishing.

Oh, and shhhhhhh, we don’t want the secret getting out.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

Quote:

Oh, and shhhhhhh, we don’t want the secret getting out.

I was just going to say…shut the heck up!

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Pfft, tying a sock on your line, casting it out and then reeling it in will fight harder than a catfish.

Does that help?

cspierings, were you fishing near some discharge?

Viewing 22 posts - 91 through 112 (of 112 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.