2010 Flathead Cat Fish Photo’s

• dtro
    Inactive
    Jordan

Quote:

According to the catfish weight calculator at huntfishsport.com, a 75 lb catfish is around 49″…

sweet! There’s been 6 fish that I know of caught over 73lbs on the MN this year, including an 80lber

I would suggest not using that “catfish” calculator. The “general” calculator is 100 times better on that site. Which is l*g*g/800

patfish

Thanks Brian!

I fish p3 and am usually using Bullheads for bait this time of year. In the fall I sometimes will go to larger, wild caught Suckers.

My avatar photo is me with my 2nd largest fish from p3.

-Pat

sauger
    Hastings ,MN

Quote:

Welcome to Ido Pat!

Very nice first post! What waters are you fishing and what’s your choice of bait?

Pat, you do not need to answer that question!!

patfish

I have no problem answering, it’s the answering truthfully that I sometimes have a problem with when it comes to Flathead spots…

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Quote:

I have no problem answering, it’s the answering truthfully that I sometimes have a problem with when it comes to Flathead spots…

In that case could you tell us where you catch them so we can at least eliminate trying those spots?

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Just to be clear, I was wondering if you were fishing the Trinity in TX or someplace closer.

farmboy1
    Mantorville, MN

Quote:

Everyone knows the correct answer about where you are catching them is right in the corner of the mouth

thebigfishman
    Apple Valley, MN

Question for you Pat. You catch your bullheads at thompson lake in west st paul? I’m the guy who was catching some last week when you were there, we talked catfishing a little bit. Nice first post, Take care and welcome to IDO!

Kevin

patfish

Hey Kevin,

Yup, that’s me! I will most likely see you at the bullhead spot! If you ever want to try p3, let me know…

-Pat

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Got it. Thompson Lake, your secret is safe with me.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

Quote:

Got it. Thompson Lake, your secret is safe with me.

That’s what I was thinking too.

patfish

I didn’t know that bullheads were so rare that you would consider a place that you catch them a secret. I would be happy to catch some for you if you need help or are afraid of getting stung!

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Quote:

I didn’t know that bullheads were so rare that you would consider a place that you catch them a secret.

That was part of the joke. I got about 10-20 puddles around my house where I could catch them, unless you guys are catching the rare golden bullheads. I heard those are magic on flatheads and they cannot resist them.

patfish

The bullheads from Thompson are just like any other.. they light up in multi colors when spooked and have circle hook shaped pectoral fins, ho hum…

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Pfft, those are a dime a dozen.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

Quote:

The bullheads from Thompson are just like any other.. they light up in multi colors when spooked and have circle hook shaped pectoral fins, ho hum…

Bob Moore feeds them to the good bullheads.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

Some from the first half of the season…

Sure met a lot of great folks! Picked up some very good cat information and had a great time.

Remember….

Cat Fishermen, We Own The Night!!

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Quote:

Bob Moore feeds them to the good bullheads.

I like fishing in his tanks for bait and it doesn’t take away from my precious fishing time.

wkw

Quote:

How about a picture of a 60lb cat from any year?? Ive never seen one…The guy at bait shop in Newport said a 59lb and a 62 lb were caught this year in pool 3….

I caught this guy a couple years ago on P4.
    60″x34″. Never weighed it, but those measurements equal approx. 80 lbs. according a weight calculater on a catfish website.
    Caught on walleye gear with 8# test.

cat-stevens
    Rochester,MN

Holy _ _ _ _ NICE CAT!

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Quote:

Quote:

How about a picture of a 60lb cat from any year?? Ive never seen one…The guy at bait shop in Newport said a 59lb and a 62 lb were caught this year in pool 3….

I caught this guy a couple years ago on P4.
    60″x34″. Never weighed it, but those measurements equal approx. 80 lbs. according a weight calculater on a catfish website.
    Caught on walleye gear with 8# test.

According to the general calculator that is 86.7#?

Can I go walleye fishing with you?

wkw

I think I had a state record there, but it’s still swimming.

armchairdeity
    Phoenix, AZ, formerly from the NW 'Burbs, Minneapolis, MN, USA

Quote:

I think I had a state record there, but it’s still swimming.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

This spot is reserved for a photo from tomorrow…Friday nights trip.

armchairdeity
    Phoenix, AZ, formerly from the NW 'Burbs, Minneapolis, MN, USA

Quote:

This spot is reserved for a photo from tomorrow…Friday nights trip.

It’s not like you have much to live up to considering how we’ve been doing on pool 2 lately! I told the guys last night while shore fishing that I was taking my wife catfishing but we’re using a guide so if we flop it can’t be my fault!

It got a good … but there’s honestly some truth to it.

average-joe
    Hudson, WI

Quote:

Quote:

Everyone knows the correct answer about where you are catching them is right in the corner of the mouth

I catch most of mine in the water

On chunks of bratwurst

patfish

Crappy “witness protection program” cell phone photo of a pretty decent fish! This was a few weeks back.
    I was out early(12-6am) this morning and zip… 4 spots, one bite, lots of mayflies and high water! Next week should be better. Happy 4th everyone!

katmando
    Ramsey,MN pool 2, St.croix river

A FEW PULLED FROM THE ST CROIX LAST FRIDAY

Viewing 30 posts - 61 through 90 (of 112 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.