St. Louis River cats?

• dfresh
    Fridley, MN

I am heading up to Duluth for a couple days the week after Labor Day to visit a buddy. We were thinking of fishing the St. Louis as I have heard some channels may be had up there.

Has anyone ever given the St. Louis a try? Are there special regulations for this river since it is also a trout stream?

Thanks!

Bob Bowman
    MN

There are cats there

There are also some monster Sturgeon in the river.

dfresh
    Fridley, MN

Thanks Bob! Any special tactics since it is a bit more of a ‘wild’ river from what I remember? We will be fishing pretty close to Duluth.

Bob Bowman
    MN

Quote:

Thanks Bob! Any special tactics since it is a bit more of a ‘wild’ river from what I remember? We will be fishing pretty close to Duluth.

Pink Double 10’s

See PM

dan-larson
    Cedar, Min-E-So-Ta

Quote:

Quote:

Pink Double 10’s

See PM

PFFFFT…

We caught them in the spring at night while camping from shore. Ball of nightcrawlers was the ticket. The closer you get to Duluth the more the river fishes like a reservoir; try heading up north of Boy Scout landing and fishing the deeper breaks.

Double 10’s, like there are big muskies in that river or something…

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

We used to bank fish them just east of Floodwood. That was great cat fishing up that way. Night crawlers or cut suckers where the bait of choice. Make sure to hold onto those rods or tie them off. Those cats would sure smack the cut bait.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.