55″ and 60″ – back to back!

• mark_johnson
    St. Croix River

I took my neighbor out sturgeon fishing this morning and he hooked these two ‘TOADS’ 45 minutes apart. We ended up with 7 total.

bzzsaw
    Hudson, Wi

Wow. What a way to spend the morning. Awesome pictures. Thanks for posting. So what time should I plan to meet you tomorrow morning? I haven’t called in sick for quite a while. Congrats.

dan-larson
    Cedar, Min-E-So-Ta

Wow that is a pretty tall fence on shore…

Edit… Allow me to rephrase that – Nice job hiding your secret spot, now no one will ever know where to catch a sturgeon on the St. Croix. PFFFFFT!

mark_johnson
    St. Croix River

Quote:

Wow that is a pretty tall fence on shore…

…… tryin to be respectful of others that were fishing in the area

…besides, forget about the fence like thing in the pic-check out the size of those fish! He did remarkably well getting both in without hooking the anchor too many times

stcroixer
    Croix Valley

Nice job men, those are great fish

outdoors4life
    Stillwater, MN

I appreciate the edit job!

I try to do that too when I post an easy to spot area. Sometimes you would never know because I change the whole background

Nice fish!

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Nice fish and edit Mark!

I thought you told me you were going to LOTW’s….

dan-larson
    Cedar, Min-E-So-Ta

Post deleted by Jason Halfen

bret_clark
    Sparta, WI

Awesome fish guys

dan-larson
    Cedar, Min-E-So-Ta

Post deleted by Jason Halfen

Ingy

Yeah, why not be a real pal and post your GPS coordinates, too?
    Something to keep in mind is for every honest sportsman on this site there are lurkers who don’t contribute, who don’t want to find their own fish, and who don’t care about the resource-they’re the ones who aren’t going to properly handle these dinosaurs-i.e. hold them up by their gill plates, keep them out of water for too long, pratice catch and release by tieing a fish to a dock overnight through the gills so they can “release” them in the morning. Why help them out?

By the way, Nice fishies, Swervy!
    Ingy

steve-demars
    Stillwater, Minnesota

Quote:

Perhaps I am out of line here, and certainly I will be told accordingly if I am.

Hey Dan – You are out of line. There was no cause for the personal attack. If you don’t like the post go to another forum. You wanted to be told accordingly so just so you know – You came across as a JERK

Mark – Congrats on the nice fish. I’m sure your neighbor appreciated the fun outing. Don’t let the comments diminish your success.

sean-lyons
    Waterloo, IA and Hager City Wi.

Quote:

keep in mind is for every honest sportsman on this site there are lurkers who don’t contribute, who don’t want to find their own fish, and who don’t care about the resource

Yep, and after one of them pillages your spot once, you start editing background, I do it all the time. Nice hoovers guys!

haywardbound
    New Brighton, MN

Mark, nice job getting your neighbor on some nice fish!

Was it his first time sturgeon fishing? I bet it was a blast for him (and you).

dtro
    Inactive
    Jordan

Those are beauts! Congrats!

That coming from a “heavy sinker friend” who isn’t confident enough to not edit photos.

Someday, maybe I’ll be cool.

Staff and a guide ta boot.

Maybe we can all help out by recommending your guide service to our friends

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Nice fish, but please don’t call them toads.

What a beautiful morning to get out and catch a couple of beauts! Nice work and nice picts.

stuart
    Mn.

Great fish Real crappy the way this post went though

col._klink
    St Paul

Quote:

Easy big fella. You are 100% out line. No reason to attack another member for hiding his/her spot. In fact your comments coming from a staff member are odd.

Those are two huge fish that were caught and released with sucess. Thanks for not tagging one and chopping it up for the grill!

rushing
    Mn

I didn’t notice it was edited…I just just though…Finallly..they put up a fence to keep those cheeseheads locked in!

BTW Nice Fish!

bzzsaw
    Hudson, Wi

Yep, I agree with everyone else on this thread.

Dan,
    I’ve enjoyed your posts as well as conversations on the musky forum. Your insight has been appreciated. I can’t understand why you would come off as such a SOB on this thread. A lowly member would not get away with those comments and hopefully a staff member will not either. Maybe you had a bad day guiding yesterday, maybe not. Maybe SR schooled you on the lake of your choice? Who knows. Hope you didn’t kick your dog yesterday too.

bret_clark
    Sparta, WI

Quote:

I didn’t notice it was edited…I just just though…Finallly..they put up a fence to keep those cheeseheads locked in!

BTW Nice Fish!

Now even this cheese head thought that right der was funny

stuart
    Mn.

Jason,Why did you delete Dans post?Maybe we all needed to see what kinda Field staffer he is.

farmboy1
    Mantorville, MN

Nice Fish guys

Glad to see those cheeseheads wrapped up

bzzsaw
    Hudson, Wi

Stuart,
    I saw the post and am not surprised it got zapped.

Quote:

Maybe we all needed to see what kinda Field staffer he is.

With posts like the ones he made, hopefully a “former” field staffer.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

I’ll just say one thing about it. At first I thought he was kidding around, like they were acquaintances. But it became obvious after the 2nd or 3rd post that this wasn’t just some ribbing going on. I am glad it got deleted (I deleted my response too) as it would have just taken away from the thread.

It’s all about those beautiful toads! Had he not deleted it, as the darksiders awoke this morning the thread would have gone off in the wrong direction.

david_scott
    Twin Cities

Great fish Mark! Glad to see you are finding some of those bigger fish!

I dont even want to know what happened when I was away from the computer! It sounds like something hit the fan somewhere.. It looks like someone cleaned up the mess, I hope we can all leave it behind and get on with better things.

bigfritzzz
    hudson

I didnt get to see Dans comments before they were deleted. By the sounds of everyones responses it must of been garbage! Hey Dan, you attacked one of the straightest shooters on this site!!!

Mudshark
    LaCrosse WI

Nice fish!!! ……..
    I’m REALLY gonna have try this sturgeon fishing someday

tyler_holm
    Rochester, MN

Awesome, Awesome fish.

I’m all for editing photos on that I’m going to post on a public fishing forum. I do it all the time. I’m certainly not going to let a landmark ruin a spot. I think you did the right thing, and man those are some great fish. Thanks for sharing the photos.

life1978
    Eau Claire , WI

I’d like to know how to edit my pictures like that on photo shop myself. That looks a lot easier than cutting the back ground out and replacing it with something else like I do.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 31 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.