I watched a grown man fall in love.

• Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Bassman/Walleye/Sturgeon Joe, his son Dakota and I were out sturgeon fishing until 11 pm last Saturday night.

It was slow for us with one good, rod bend into the water fight that made a 15 year old scream like a little girl until we had a catastrophic failure and she was gone.

Joe sank the hook into a smaller rubber lips a short time later. Had I known what was going on in the back of his head I would have protected that fish. I hope sturgeon don’t mate with one for life.

Heard the bite turned on between 12 and 2 am…. naturally.

You don’t hear “you should have been here tomorrow” very often.

walleyejoe
    Litchfield, MN

Thank you BK for letting us tag along and share the boat with you. We had a blast. How were the monster bars and peanut butter rice krispie bars that you did’t want your FW to find out about…LOL See you next weekend for saugerama

a.j.-wiesner
    Ely,MN / Rochester,MN

nice fish joe! good to see you and your son are still catching fish on the river together.I had a blast last time I fished with you guys… getting to net one of your best walleyes. keep up the good work

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

Quote:

How were the monster bars and peanut butter rice krispie bars that you did’t want your FW to find out about

Damn.

Ralph Wiggum
    Maple Grove, MN

There is nothing like the love of a good sturgeon.

Jerry Hochhausen
    Madison, Wisconsin

I think I’m going to be sick.

Glad you guys caught something.

FishBlood&RiverMud
    Prescott

Had a sturgeon virgin in the boat friday night for a few hours. After boating this 45″ i don’t think he had a care in the world about his rod breaking

Got a txt from him two days after “I’ll have to make more time for the sturgies. Those B#$chs fight hard.”
    LOL. I’ve been trying to get him in the boat for 2 years on the Croix haha.

Always fun to see someone else fall in love

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

How can you not love the romance of the Sturgeon Dance!?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.