Honk your Horn

• catman89
    MLPS

Anyone fished down here lately? Might head down there tomorrow night looks like the weather should be pretty nice.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

I’m going to guess that most aren’t sure where “down here” is. Helps with a location in your profile.

catman89
    MLPS

im talking about the honk your horn spot

dfresh
    Fridley, MN

Quote:

Blackdog?

dtro
    Inactive
    Jordan

Quote:

Quote:

Blackdog?

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Ooooow my ears were deliciously ringing fabulously, so I new you boys were talking about Blackdog!

If you don’t know Honk Your Horn, then no need to reply. I’ve yet to fish there, so I am of no help. There are no railings, so it would be easy for an IDOer to “dispose” of me.

lhprop1
    Eagan

What is Honk your Horn? Are we talking about Loring Park or Black Dog?

If it’s Black Dog, I just started fishing there and that phrase makes me uncomfortable fishing alone at night. Is there something I should know about?

cptyack
    Rosemount, mn

Ben
    I really would not be any more worried there than any other spot on the river accesible to people.

I have been fishing down there since I was in middle school and have never encountered a problem.

Gimme a call next time your out. Ill journey down and show ya the better spots to fish other than the two spillways.

-jack

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Quote:

If it’s Black Dog, I just started fishing there and that phrase makes me uncomfortable fishing alone at night. Is there something I should know about?

I believe after the raid, the “problem” went away. You are fine in any event. Used to be lots of “men” out by themselves for a stroll, but they won’t say boo to you.

Honk Your Horn is in Mpls, but I can’t tell you how to get there, since I have never been. And don’t worry, I think the name came about because there was a sign I believe that said something to the effect to sound your horn when entering. Or the sign said Honk to Enter because it used to be gated and someone would let you in. Someone will clarify.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

The “outdraft” sign.

Jakob
    Keymaster
    Rogers

Quote:

Quote:

I believe after the raid, the “problem” went away. You are fine in any event. Used to be lots of “men” out by themselves for a stroll, but they won’t say boo to you.

Honk Your Horn is in Mpls, but I can’t tell you how to get there, since I have never been. And don’t worry, I think the name came about because there was a sign I believe that said something to the effect to sound your horn when entering. Or the sign said Honk to Enter because it used to be gated and someone would let you in. Someone will clarify.

We put that sign up to warn us if pug was coming down….

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

Quote:

I believe after the raid, the “problem” went away.

How did you end up on that anyway Pugster?

sauger
    Hastings ,MN

Quote:

Quote:

I believe after the raid, the “problem” went away.

How did you end up on that anyway Pugster?

lhprop1
    Eagan

Sheesh. That’s nasty. Don’t be doing that crap where I’m trying to fish.

Why can’t people just tap their toes in the airport bathroom like in the old days?

Quote:

Gimme a call next time your out. Ill journey down and show ya the better spots to fish other than the two spillways.

-jack

I tried going down there Saturday night, but the road was closed. I’d just got back from a strongman competition and I was too tired to walk all the way down there. I’d already lugged a few dozen tons across the pavement that day and all I wanted to do was sit.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

Quote:

Sheesh. That’s nasty.

Not to worry, Pug and I have a…relationship.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Quote:

I’d just got back from a strongman competition..

Strongman competition? I don’t think you have to worry about any Nancy Boys…or me.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.