Sturgeon Fishing – in 2 Days and a Wakeup

• aquajoe
    Minnetonka, MN.

N8 and I head up to the Rainy Saturday the 23rd early am and will be up there until April 1.

I will try to keep you all informed of conditions and fishing as the week goes on.

See you all up there!!

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

We are patiently waiting for our second trip to arrive to. Was going to head up on Thursday after work but thinking about going Friday now and staying until Monday or Tuesday.

My neighbor just put the boat in at Wheelers point about 8am this morning. Said there was 3 rigs in the parking lot. Im jealous. Fishing on the weekends up there can be a zoo. Still a lot of fun but many more boats to compete with.

Ralph Wiggum
    Maple Grove, MN

You guys are diehards! Best of luck, Joe. N8, I hope you catch nothing but suckers

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Good luck!

And keep those spots open for us!

See ya next weekend!

marty28
    Mendota Heights, MN

Have a few in my group that can no longer make the trip (April 28-May 1). Will be no longer needing one of our cabins at Adrian’s. If anyone is still in need of a cabin, give Adrain’s a call.

cat dude
    Arlington, MN

Good luck Joe, I hope you nail a 70 incher.

armchairdeity
    Phoenix, AZ, formerly from the NW 'Burbs, Minneapolis, MN, USA

Quote:

Good luck Joe, I hope you nail a 70 incher.

Isn’t that more like “I hope a 70 incher nails you”?

Some days you get the sturgeon, other days the sturgeon drags you around the lake, breaks your gear, pulls you off the boat and leaves you without even a picture for proof!

jg24racing
    Minneapolis, MN

“N8, I hope you catch nothing but suckers.” ~Ryan

Wow! I don’t even know how to respond to that. You almost brought tears to my eyes. I thought you loved me man. Such a disappointment.

Ralph Wiggum
    Maple Grove, MN

My bad. I thought you preferred to catch suckers over sturgeon

Really, though, best of luck to you two! Have a safe and fun trip

aquajoe
    Minnetonka, MN.

Well we are 7 hours out and I am almost done packing and ready to take a quick nap before we head out.

We are pretty excited we just spent the last 5 weekends completely gutting the boat and putting in all new flooring, console and carpeting.

We upgraded the 1/2 inch boat decking (stock) from Crestliner and replaced it with “Marine Grade Plywood”(MGP) 3/4 in. We also upgraded the carpeting to some really nice plush and durable pontoon carpeting.

The console and shifter panel also got a new the 3/4 MGP and fresh brand new vinyl to match the carpet and boat.

Then lastly the seats were upgraded new and the captains chair is now a full sized helm chair with head rest, arm rests and tilting seat. Was going to put in seat warmers but N8 thought that would be a bit to much.

All the wood was sealed with Velspar. With 2 to 3 coats as needed.

So it’s pretty much an all new boat.

Everyone drive safe going up!!!

aquajoe
    Minnetonka, MN.

Night All

1 am comes early

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.