Big Decicison!!!!!!

• mudcatkid
    On water

Ok boys………..I go a diecision to make and its a biggie!! I am a student at the UW goin for wildlife mgmt, and this summer i have to attend a 6 week summer camp/feild training class where we learn stuff like timber cruizing, wildilfe capturing, electrofishing, netting, stuff liek that.

Anyways, We either have the choice attend the class from May 16 thru end of June……..or July 6th thru end of August. Only probelm is it is in Tomahawk, WI….yep….. up north . No catfising for me….i is like 5hrs from home!

I was gonna go the beginign of summer so i can fish the last part………..but when the summer plays out, i end up catchin way more fish early that late.

oh geeze…..dilemas!

I cant deccide………..any input for this indecisive catman????

steve-demars
    Stillwater, Minnesota

Oh, to be young and foolish again. What did your Old Man say? Pull your head out of your @#$ and go to school!! Probably pretty good advice. As a Dad that has put kids through college I would be advising you to get it done as soon as you can. Besides from a fishing perspective – End of summer you have a better chance of normal water levels. The spring and early summer poses a higher risk of high water and more difficult fishing. I’d advise you to get school out of the way at the front end – that way you can fish yourself crazy at the end without any worries.

Whiskerkev
    Madison

Hey Mud Cat,

Life is sooo rough. If I had to be away from the river, I would be right up there in Musky country. Within an hour of Tomahawk is some of the best Musky waters in the state errr the world. It is hard for river folk to understand but the water is actually standing still in most places. There is the upper reaches of the Wisconsin river. You may not find a bunch of big flats up there but smallies and walleyes are everywhere. I say again rough life.

mudcatkid
    On water

LOL……..yeah….tough life for me! hahaha

Seriously though….i pack classes in the spring from 8 am to 5 pm, then study my azz off. it sucks…….but currently, its WAY better than going to work. But i can take the fall semester REAL EASY so i can kill geese and ducks…hopefully!

i aint gonna quit school…no way…….. its too fun, just costs too much $$ ……cant afford all my goose decoys

I will probably sign up for the 1st sescion so i can actaully fish stable water like Comanchero said.

still moving water?……….no thanks……j/k

woolybugger1
    W Wisconsin

I would go May/June. Panfish, bass, Crappies are all on their beds durring that time. Take your flyrod, some poppers, foam spiders and leach patterns. All the action is close to shore if don’t have access to a canoe or anything, can still have a great time. Use the leach or another minnow pattern after dark on the shallow sand or rock flats for walleyes. That action will be great throughout May.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.