tonight is the night

• woolybugger1
    W Wisconsin

Tonight I will pull my first all nighter of the year. I am expecting some real big action. Question? how does carp work for bait? As good as sucker or sunnies? Looking for one of those 50 pounders. Question? You guys ever fish on the bottom of those 40 to 50 foot holes?

dirk_w.
    Minnesota

Carp is probably great bait but its illegal in MN. I’ve always had better luck fishing mid depth holes and cover. Good luck and let us know how you do.

mavzer
    Hager City, WI

woolybugger what pool are you going out on tonight?? I would fish the “flat” just above or below the hole in throught the night and maybe concentrate in the hole during the day and maybe morining…. good luck and fill us in on the results…….

woolybugger1
    W Wisconsin

We wasn’t prepared. It got a lot colder than I thought it would. We (wisconsinites) used sunnies. A couple cut up and a couple whole ones. Fished till 1 AM, caught 0, missed a couple. Fished up above the big holes, things just weren’t snapping though. We were on 5A.
    This is the last you will hear from me for a few weeks. Going out west to do some trout fishing.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.