06 GHCT PHOTO’s

• Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Please post your photo’s and stories in this thread!

Good Luck all! Stick a piggie!

larry_haugh
    MN

25 length 14 girth 39pts total. First Flathead of the night.
    just getting warmed up.

larry_haugh
    MN

I’m posting this for Flathead red AKA Gabe
    25 length 14 girth 39pts total for Channel. He lost a bigger one right at the boat. We should have tried to use the net instead of the grippers
    Caught on Cut creek chub.

larry_haugh
    MN

Flathead red was on fire with the cut creek chubs. Check out this stinker. I’m guessing it was bout 15-20lbs.
    First time either of us has caught a turtle and hope its the last. We couldnt tell if it was a fish or stick or what.

larry_haugh
    MN

This one was the summer maker so far for me. It hit a heavy sucker.
    Flathead 44 length 28 girth 72pts total Wieghing in at 44.02lbs.
    Flathead Red thougth he could pull it into the boat One handed. with the grippers. Wrong!!!

larry_haugh
    MN

Fisher Dave, sorry I had to hang up on you, but I was getting a screaming run. Unfortunately Flathead red didnt have the camera rolling when I went for the hookset, I swung missed, fell out of my chair and almost out of the boat into the river.

BK and Hanson it was a good time texting all night. This was a good time.

Hope the rest of you had fun.

See you all later today.

Larry

Ralph Wiggum
    Maple Grove, MN

Wow, Larry! Looks like you guys had a great night! And that big flathead is sweet (as is the turtle ). I’m thinking you might get the prize on that one!

Well, I’ve got to go load up my car for vacation. Talk to you all next week!

audemp
    Wi

Were you able to get that 44 lb flat on video?

Nice catches. We beat you on the channel by 1 point though. Farmboy1 will be posting it shortly.

ggoody
    Mpls MN

OMG Larry Nice Fish mate…….

mile832
    MN

Channel Cat: length 27.5, girth 13.75, total 41.25

I take great photos, don’t I?

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Quote:

I take great photos, don’t I?

At least you have your shirt on, eh Brian?
    Nice fish men.

david_scott
    Twin Cities

Nice fish guys!

I was slow for us. We were confined to very easy access places.. a couple channels were all that became of the evening.

Have a good time at the event today! I was worn out trying to reel in a 3 pound channel last night.. I cant be out in this heat today.

Last night was my last night fishing for a while. Medical issues have me temporarily retired from doing anything that takes energy.

farmboy1
    Mantorville, MN

Mile832,

You got me by the .25. I got a channel that was 26.5 length, and 14.5 girth for a total of 41. At least that was what I typed into the phone, but maybe I should fudge it to get some gear as I did break a rod last night on a huge stick.

farmboy1
    Mantorville, MN

Great Fish Larry Flatcaster, looks like you guys had a great entertaining night.

Thanks Audemp for sharing the boat last night. I had a good time, even with the problems I had.

schollmeier

Hey farmboy, good to see you found a fish, my only cat for the night was a 9″ channel caught baitfishing. Once I had my bait my starter on the boat promptly locked up, while fixing it the spring jumped ship so I figured I’d call it a night.

Tony

audemp
    Wi

Thats a nice pic! if I dont say so myself..

I guess that KFC chumming worked!!

We will get a flat yet!!

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

Report from Evert’s…

at this time…(as far as I’ve heard) LARRY is the MAN….

But…in the channel cat CATagory…It’s close….with a number of folks….

Very nice bread down here at Evert’s even though the temps in the high 90’s.

Quite a number of folks down here already and their tummies are growling! Lunch, beer, soda’s and water are cooling off on ice.

For a $20. donation to IDA today…you’ll recieve a IDA decal and hat…no waiting for the mail!

For $30…you get all the above and a kiss from Wade Kuehl…(he’s going to hurt me when he reads this!)

How did we do you ask???

Wade pulled the only two fish in the boat last night…a flat and a channel…but they aren’t contenders.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

It was pretty early in the night when the text message came over the cell….”Game OVER! ~ Larry Flatcaster”

Nothing like making up for lost time…eh Larry?

hanson

See… I had a partner.

fisher sherry
    Minneapolis

Very nice, Larry!
    But you ruined my night with that text message! You could have at least kept quiet and let us THINK we had a chance!!

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

I caught a buzz last night, can I enter it? I don’t have any pictures though, sorry.

Larry, what pool were you fishing? By the way, I am pretty disappointed nobody entered a stick. What’s with that? I guess that prize goes to Larry and his partner too for their dinner. Mmm, turtle soup.

larry_haugh
    MN

Sherri,

I didnt mean to ruin your night. I don’t think the text was what ruined it….(take all texts with a grain of salt like I took Daves text “Keep fishing we got a few big ones already) BUT Dave was soo insistant on knowing what I caught, I really didnt want to tell till it was over.

Hope that you guys had fun.

I hope Dave takes care and gets on track soon.

thanks

Larry.

But I promise from now forward I won’t spill the beans till its all over.

fisher sherry
    Minneapolis

That’s ok, Larry. I’ll forgive ya (this time )
    Congrats!!

audemp
    Wi

Good to meet a bunch of you today at the awards BBQ.

I hope everyone who signed up will post a quick message just to tell us how you did, fish or not, here as well as show your support so we can get more guys and gals interested in our little tourney.

Maybe next year we can up the stakes? (within reason) Any takers?

Although it felt as though I decended into the 7th level of hell yesterday, due to the extreme heat, I had an awesome time on the water with Farmboy1

We caught one channel which is posted above.
    It still made our day.

Hey Farmboy1 remember that monster carp trying to come into the boat with you? That was awesome!!!

redneckjr
    Rosemount, MN

I fished with Bob Johnson and my brother in-law Wade Sterling. Bob got us set up perfectly and the fun started right away. After a swing and a miss by bob and a broken hook by me I learned the importance of the Polamar knot!! We had a Awsome night landing 4 flats on bullies and 7-8 channels on my favorite chicken liver. I am now a firm believer in circle hooks for channel cats. The first pic is of Bob with his 2nd place channel. We forgot to bring the camera along so all the pics are in the daylight but I give you my word that they were all caught Friday night.

redneckjr
    Rosemount, MN

My brother Wade with his 3rd place channel It’s the one on the right.

redneckjr
    Rosemount, MN

My 1st place Channel.

redneckjr
    Rosemount, MN

The last one is of my biggest Flathead to date and my entry in the flathead portion of the tourney.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Nice fish Redneck. Looks like you guys must of had a lot of fun Friday night!

redneck
    Rosemount

Thank you but all I caught Friday night was a nice beer buzz and a good nights sleep. Redneckjr was the one out feeding the mosquitos all night. One of these years I am going to come out of catfish retirement and challenge him for the family title—or maybe I’ll just let him have it and snuggle up to the Missus. Congrats to everyone in the catfish tourney and especially to Bob Johnson for keeping Junior on fish all night.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 39 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.