Official Rules for the ’06 GHCT

• schollmeier

I’m in, although I may be going in alone the way things look at the moment. That’s alright, I’m planning to take first in the stick, turtle, and jet skier categories…

ratherbfishn
    St Paul Park MN

Quote:

Maybe if he sleeps through clicker runs I can fish his line too.
    We’ll be on Pool 2 – we are going to beat RatherBfishn on his home waters.

Thats my plan also!! I am bringing the sleeping bag for my partner Ill wake her up to take a picture

farmboy1
    Mantorville, MN

Quote:

I’m in, although I may be going in alone the way things look at the moment. That’s alright, I’m planning to take first in the stick, turtle, and jet skier categories…

Well that shoots my idea, I have a real hot spot for sticks that I prefished on Saturday night

schollmeier

You have nothin’ on some of the spots I’ve found for sticks, I’ve been prefishing P3 all year for them. The other night I got 2 in one cast, not to mention a dandy 40″er earlier in the day…

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

OFFICIAL AWARDS

Remember to Pre Register in this thread!

FOR FLATHEAD LONGEST LENGHT + GIRTH TOTAL WITH PHOTO…….

St Croix Rod

FOR CHANNEL CAT LONGEST LENGHT + GIRTH TOATL WITH PHOTO…..

ABU Garcia 6500

FOR LARGEST TURTLE (any kind) in photo (no measurements needed and don’t even think about bringing it to the GTG)

Free Food

For Largest Stick (any kind) 1 free beer or soda…from me…at the GTG…

Remember…this is a catch and release tourney…please do not bring any cats in to the resort.

Good luck to all you stinkers out there!

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

Sounds like none other than Uncle Wade from Jolly Ann Marine will be fishing the tourney too.

He’s pre registered along with the Tuckmiester.

ratherbfishn
    St Paul Park MN

Its raining here in newport Now dont stop!

farmboy1
    Mantorville, MN

Quote:

You have nothin’ on some of the spots I’ve found for sticks, I’ve been prefishing P3 all year for them. The other night I got 2 in one cast, not to mention a dandy 40″er earlier in the day…

Wow, sounds like you have some great spots figured out for trophy status sticks, just one question, Did you CPR them

schollmeier

No pictures, but I did release all of them… with a good shove to get them moving downstream where some other lucky angler can catch them. The 40″ was pretty skinny, not like some of the sticks I catch when the water is high…

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

********GHCT Rules up date*******

1) Must Pre Register (just post in this thread)

This will help keep the walleye guys (that don’t follow rules)…:p at bay!

2) Must have photo…either posted on line in “06 GHCT Photo’s” or printed out and brought along to the GTG on Saturday…prior to 3 pm.

david_scott
    Twin Cities

Consider Myself, Sherry, and Tyler registered then. We will be out there fishing somewhere.

We will show up at the gathering on saturday for at least long enough to pick up our prize and drink a bottle of water in the 100 degree heat.

gotcatfish
    Prior Lake,MN

I already signed myself up earlier in this thread. I am just signing g3/8 up (aka- my father or Gregg) as my partner. He would do it himself but he is too busy at work this week. We will be on pool 2.

mudcatkid
    On water

i would fish in stealth mode, but i will be somewhere between Nebraska and western Wyoming on Jul 15th. . oh well………dont catch em all, i am serious!

larry_haugh
    MN

Rules update noted. Already registered. Pics, never leave for fishing with out the camera.
    thanks
    Larry

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

MCK, NE had cat’s and good size ones I hear…Wy???

Just don’t be talking with the guys in the NE forum…if I could get down there…I know they could put me on some piggies…

Just don’t know if they would!

wade_kuehl
    Northwest Iowa

I’m in. I’ll be fishing with BK and Tuck. I have a feeling they’re gonna make me use stink bait!

hanson

Be on the Minnesota somewhere…

larry_haugh
    MN

Hanson,
    pm me your number, If i see any boats on the river. I’ll be wondering if its you. Plus, I want to put you in my txt message to let you know when I catch the winner.
    thanks
    Larry

Ralph Wiggum
    Maple Grove, MN

Hope you all have fun! I’ll be leaving for a weeks worth of vacation at an undisclosed lake. Catch a biggun!

diezal

Count myself and 2 buddies in, Brian and Deej. Hopefully I can steal Joe’s horseshoe tonight Good luck to all, see ya saturday morning!

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

Welcome diezal!

I was hoping to have Joes horseshoe stuck some were in the boat I’ll be in….

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

FYI~ Check out the post in the General Forum for some of the door prizes that will be given away Saturday afternoon.

Hanson! I hope you’re at least a contender and make it to the GTG…

I think it would be a hoot to have a pic of you with a new rod or reel…in front of your FM truck!

I’ve got a HotSpot hat in case you forget yours.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

Looks like 22 hard core cat folks at this point…

Best year ever!

Best Channel Cat Award Update:

6500 has been scratched…

6600 is the replacement! Blue in color for Hanson!

ps It’s pick on Hanson day today…

Pre registering is open until 7 pm Friday night!

I’ll be off to the ARM Event bright and early in the morning…so Go Get’em Guys! (that includes Fisher Sherry, Monica and Pug. )

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

I am jealous. It’s going to be hard not drifting off and thinking about the tourney while my GF is talking. I sure hope this rain snaps some big ones out of the post spawn-low water-mid summer funk. If I had to make a prediction, I would guess there are going to a lot of big pig pictures being ogled Saturday. Maybe I can convince her to head down to Everett’s for the results. Then she’ll see I am not the only one who gets flathead on the brain.

larry_haugh
    MN

Who’s Hanson fishing with anyways for GHCT event?!?!?!?

Me–Myself–and I. I want a text when you get a biggin

Sorry Hans couldnt resist.

Larry

hanson

Why is it pick on Hanson day at IDA today?

It was pick on Hanson day yesterday at FM, and Ice Team too. What gives?

fisher sherry
    Minneapolis

Quote:

Looks like 22 hard core cat folks at this point…

Best year ever!

Best Channel Cat Award Update:

6500 has been scratched…

6600 is the replacement! Blue in color for Hanson!

ps It’s pick on Hanson day today…

Pre registering is open until 7 pm Friday night!

I’ll be off to the ARM Event bright and early in the morning…so Go Get’em Guys! (that includes Fisher Sherry, Monica and Pug. )

Registration is now closed. If Brian can count that means there are 23 of us!! Good luck everyone!!!

Viewing 30 posts - 31 through 60 (of 60 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.