Official Rules for the ’06 GHCT

• Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

The 2006 7th Annual In-Depth Angling.com Gentalman’s Honor Catfish Tourney will be held in conjunction with the In-Depth Angling.com Get Together on July 15th at Evert’s Resort. As in the past, the Catfish category will play by their own rules.

Here is the deal….

Fishing hours will be from sunset on Friday, July 14th ’till sunrise on Saturday, July 15th. You may submit your best catfish in the following format BEFORE 3 pm Saturday afternoon:

Total length + girth in inches*

An on line photo will work. If you can, please bring along a paper photo to the GTG.

*For example. Measure the fish at it’s greatest length and at it greatest girth. (Girth is the widest spot around the fishes body usually just behind the head.) So a fish that is 40 inches long and 18 inches around totals at 58 inches.

The highest total score wins.

To back up your entry, take a digital picture and post it in this forum. We’ll have a thread started for photo’s and stories.

You may fish ANY pool of ANY river or ANY lake you choose.

You MUST submit your entry IN PERSON prior to 3pm on Saturday, July 15th at Evert’s Resort for an award. The awards, raffles will be given out around 4 pm along with food and beverages.

Since this is a catch and release tourney AND it ends at sunrise on Saturday morning, DO NOT bring your cat into Evert’s.

There will be an award for the best Flathead and best Channel.

Any questions, suggestion for rules changes, or anything else please post here. It’s YOUR tourney, so any changes to the past format will be considered.

Thanks, and hope to see you there.

Official Rules Approved by the GENTALMAN’S HONOR CATFISH TOURNEY DIRECTOR: The Honorable Jon Jordan. His decision is final.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

The awards are not yet decided on as we’ve had a few suggestions…and are being taken under advisement.

Question? Should we change the part about “pictures are not required”…to required?

I think everyone has access to a digital camera???

Note….anyone and everyone is welcome to this event…but we would like to have you take the 5 minutes to register…and once you do, you’ll be able to view the photo’s without having to click on the word…attachment!

ratherbfishn
    St Paul Park MN

Its olny a story without a picture I really dont care but sure like seeing pictures of big fish!!

david_scott
    Twin Cities

I dont really care either.. But pictures should be required.. Most people have access to a digital camera, or a film camera laying around… one hour photo at Wally-world is around .19 (cents) a picture last I checked. Thats not much of an investment for a prize!
    What cat guy doesnt like the bragging right of biggest fish of the evening anyhow?

audemp
    Wi

This may have already been answered… do we have to pre-register to fish the tourney or can we just show up with our score saturday morning?

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

It would be great if everyone would post to this thread that will be fishing the tourney. Good question!

audemp
    Wi

Consider this my registration.

farmboy1
    Mantorville, MN

I am in. Sign me up.

Farmboy

cattinaddict
    Catfish country

Im in with a dark horse partner

CA

david_scott
    Twin Cities

I’ll be out there somewhere.. need to improve on that * 31 * from last year!

larry_haugh
    MN

Count me in. I’ll be fishing with Flathead Read. (Gabe). Hes trying to register on the site. Isnt going as smooth as he had hoped.
    thanks
    Larry

ratherbfishn
    St Paul Park MN

Me and monica are in and if lady luck keep up the way it has this year her and sheri have me a little scared …. She wooped me last week on Mille lacs with the biggest eye 27 1/2″ and biggest bass 21″ Im getting used to it… How about you Dave?

flatheadwi
    La Crosse, WI

As per usual, I’ll be fishing with my buddy Tom for the tourney (Flatlander2000 – more of a lurker than a poster).

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

Great! The more the better! I hope to have an award confermation by early next week.

I’ll be fishing with Mr. C Tuckner…as we might not catch any fish…but we look good together.

I’m not sure where we’ll be fishing. He’s leaning towards P4…and I’ve got some great spots on P2 around pigs eye…but we might even it out and fish P3.

gotcatfish
    Prior Lake,MN

Brian- Stay off my fish around pigs eye!

I’m kidding there are some nice fish around that area. I hadn’t thought about going down that way until you mentioned it, Thanks I am interested in where you fish down there. We may have to compare notes sometime on that area

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

No problem…anything I can do to put a person on fish! I’m al about!

ratherbfishn
    St Paul Park MN

Theres no fish by pigs eye They head north for the summer too I can about see the it from my house so Ill be watching

steve-demars
    Stillwater, Minnesota

I’m the Dark Horse Partner. Go ahead and engrave my name on the trophy. I hope I have time to fish – its my job to keep Cattin Addict awake enough to catch a fish. Maybe if he sleeps through clicker runs I can fish his line too.
    We’ll be on Pool 2 – we are going to beat RatherBfishn on his home waters.

CaptainDSparrow

Consider me in!! I’ll be returning with the reining champion. Good Luck Boys, You might need it.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

Welcome Cpt!

Will you be fishing one of the sippi pools?

steve-demars
    Stillwater, Minnesota

Quote:

I’ll be fishing with Mr. C Tuckner…as we might not catch any fish…but we look good together.

You do look good together – kind of like Daryl and his other brother Daryl.

fisher sherry
    Minneapolis

Quote:

Me and monica are in and if lady luck keep up the way it has this year her and sheri have me a little scared …. She wooped me last week on Mille lacs with the biggest eye 27 1/2″ and biggest bass 21″ Im getting used to it… How about you Dave?

You should be scared, Joe!!
    Let’s get em, Monica! I think we can win this GentleMAN’s Honor Catfish Tournament.

david_scott
    Twin Cities

I’ll be out there somewhere! If Sherry is lucky, i might save her a spot

I’ll be on pool 2.. it owes me big this year, and it will happen.. I just hope its on the contest night!

larry_haugh
    MN

Quote:

You do look good together – kind of like Daryl and his other brother Daryl.

Now dont be lumping Larry in with that group.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

Contest Name Change???

Bi-sexual Honor Catfish Tourney??

I’ll work on this a while!

you guys don’t be picking on Tuck! He’s going to have a big handicap…me!

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

Gator? Are you in…even with the wrong beer?

cattinaddict
    Catfish country

hey brian, beware of tuck’s anal clicker, its a killer if the wind isnt howling

CA

lenny_jamison
    Bay City , WI

Quote:

Gator? Are you in…even with the wrong beer?

Oh, I’ll have the right beer. I know cause I’m bringing it myself.
    How’d ya do Sat. night?

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 60 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.