Wednesday’s catch

• Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

The bite seemed to slow a bit on Wednesday, but we still ended up with a quality fish.

Carl and his father were my guests for the evening…another true father son team.

I couldn’t seem to get Carl’s father onto a good one…here’s his largest flathead to date.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

We worked hard in finding fish Wednesday.

It was past quitting time when I recalled a snag from earlier in the year and figured we would giver a try. Carl stuck this healthy critter…but we just couldn’t find another hungry big guy that night for his dad.

Still, in the end we had two more personal best fish/flatheads.

It’s great to be in a boat on this type of trip. The father/son stories that are told really shows what life is all about.

Thanks guys!

cnass
    cannon city, mn

Thanks Brian for a great trip. Got to spend a great evening on the water with Dad. Learned a lot. Caught a great fish. Excellent trip.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

HEY CARL!

Now that you stuck a piggy and made your first post…don’t be a stranger!

I can still hear the line going out the guides!

deeplake
    Iron, mn

It feels so good to hook into one of these flatties, reel in the slack, lower the rod tip, and set the hook.. those rods are so strong… and the power pro, gives you the confidence you need to keep these cats out of the snags, pull, reel, pull , reel.. nice job guys! anyone whos looking to catch a trophy fish, can count on Briank!!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.