April Fools Cat Gathering

• blacksportsman
    Fridley, MN

Way to go, Ron

Cabela’s King Kat products are quite a bargain. I bought the 8′ MH casting because I needed another designated channel cat rod. Couldn’t go wrong for only $20 and then they throw in the snazzy hat. I Haven’t caught anything bigger than 5 lbs on that rod, but so far, I’m pleased with it. And the hat has become an essential part of my daily wardrobe

Ralph Wiggum
    Maple Grove, MN

LOL, I got the rod, King Kat reel, and free hat last year Maybe I should wear the hat more. The rod has worked fine for channels. The reel…well, I haven’t caught much on it because I replaced it with an Okuma (same thing as the Cabela’s reel you guys have) shortly after I caught a few cats. It works fine, have a smooth drag and holds a lot of line, but otherwise is pretty bare bones (no instant anti-reverse, a bit wobbly). Hard to beat the price though. I think I got the whole deal for $30 and the reel is decent enough for a back-up if I would say, take apart my Okuma and couldn’t get it back together

Ron, if you got the Salt Striker reel and the King Kat rod, you should be very happy.

david_scott
    Twin Cities

Sherry has a king cat rod and itseems to work pretty good. I used it for sturgeon last fall and caught many fish on it. The rod did seem to make some funny noises when under heavy load. I think it was just the glue they hold the rod guides in place when rapping the rod.. I guess she will find out this summer if the rod has any weak spots

fisher sherry
    Minneapolis

Quote:

Sherry has a king cat rod and itseems to work pretty good. I used it for sturgeon last fall and caught many fish on it. The rod did seem to make some funny noises when under heavy load. I think it was just the glue they hold the rod guides in place when rapping the rod.. I guess she will find out this summer if the rod has any weak spots

If my rod has any weak spots, we’ll be finding out where YOUR weak spots are.

Ralph Wiggum
    Maple Grove, MN

Dave goes fishing, Sherry makes threats while he’s gone…

ronzych
    Centerville,MN.

lol,Sherry.

I bought it mainly for the 8ft rod and for 10bucks more I might as well get a reel. I will be replacing the reel with real reel when I get a little more real money. Really……

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

I went down there yesterday thinking the warm day would have turned them on, but had no luck. A couple of pecks, but that was it. Considering the attention that spot has now garnered (some one down there asked if I heard about it on the internet) it’s probably a good thing. I have some thoughts (guesses) on why it has slowed down if any one cares to indulge me. You can PM me.

Viewing 8 posts - 211 through 218 (of 218 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.