April Fools Cat Gathering

• david_scott
    Twin Cities

I’ll let someone else net Sherry’s fish.. she gets a little touchy when the fish go through the net If Ralph makes it, be sure your net is properly locked in.. he can be a bit accident prone

There is ample room for everyone. The upstream half of the park has plenty of room for 50 fisherpeople easily. The lower parking lot holds more than 12 vehicles, they rarely have a problem with parking along the road, the upper parking lot can hold at least 12 more vehicles.

fisher sherry
    Minneapolis

Oh… you had to mention that, didn’t ya??? That was a big fish you let get away!!!!! Dang net. Dang Dave.

And I will NEVER, for the rest of my life, forget the look on Ralph’s face as he watched Dave’s net fall off the handle and sink into the River that day. LOL

Ralph Wiggum
    Maple Grove, MN

Let’s be clear, that was Ralph the Noober, not me! My name’s not even Ralph (right Brian?).

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

That’s what YOU say!

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

What about MN RST Rider? He can’t be working on my holiday can he?

fisher sherry
    Minneapolis

Yeah, I was wondering about him too, Brian. Where are ya, Nick?? We had fun fishing with you… ready to do it again??

fisher sherry
    Minneapolis

Dave

Sherry (and Tyler)

Brian (and Deb??)

fishhead

Manny

Bill Cadwell – maybe

drewsdad

hanson – maybe

Chris Tuckner – maybe

Ralph Wiggum (and maybe some friends)

Looks like a fun crew to me so far!!!

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

Mile High??? I think he might have a golf tourny that day…

and

What about Catten scratch Addict?

Mr. Bush and wife? Where are you? This would be a new catten spot for you!

If the weather is nice to us, this is urban lawn chair fishing at it’s best!

fisher sherry
    Minneapolis

Oh yeah… Mile High!! We had fun fishing with you too, Tim!! Come on!

I don’t think I know the rest of you that Brian named, but I would love to meet ya all in April.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

Joe Bush won the IDA cat tourny last year…I think you met him at the GTG. (?)

Sean…Catten Addict was there too…

david_scott
    Twin Cities

I know Sherry met Bushman and his significant other.. I am certain she met Sean also.. we met quite a few people that day.

I havent seen Bushman this winter on here that I can recall? He must be hibernating.. I am sure he will at least pop up on the forum eventually? Spring is near and he has to be thinking about those fishing rods collecting dust.

The fishing last spring in that area was excellent. I will get some 2006 pictures in before the gathering.. I have little doubt that will boost attendence at the last minute!

fisher sherry
    Minneapolis

Ohhhhhh yeah!! I met them!

bill_cadwell
    Rochester, Minnesota

You never know Dave. The word getting out with pics to back it up about a hot bite somewhere can draw people from everywhere. I’m hoping to make it [depends how bad my son hollars about me not prefishing for two tournies the following weekend. If I can make it I want to register for the spot next to Briank and I want [NEED] to borrow that net with a big hole in it [or missing net material] so I can net Brianks fish.

Thanks, Bill

fishhead
    Chaska

I hope there is enough shore line for everyone.
    I will be taking precautionary measures to insure that I have a good spot.
    My lunch will consist of:
    Baked beans, onion soup, and egg salad sandwiches.

Ralph Wiggum
    Maple Grove, MN

Fishhead,
    That doesn’t matter to me. In fact, it may improve the smell of that place. It can get pretty ripe in the spring. Just in case, beware that I will be returning from Mexico a day or so beforehand. Between the week of a mexican food, beer, and questionable food diet, I should be able to compete

david_scott
    Twin Cities

Ahh ..the storm drains have their own unique smell.. anything else in question is fishhead?

The storm drains have an aroma, but its not too strong if the wind is blowing at all. It can stink a bit if there is only a 1 mph wind blowing right at you(rare). I am guessing the drains wont be as bad this spring because the winter was so warm and most of the winter run-off has already found the gulf of mexico.

*Note to self* … put Sherry down wind of Dennis and RW so we can watch them suffer trying to be proper!

I can drag the grill down there… that will overpower any fragrance that wants to come out of a storm drain!

Ralph Wiggum
    Maple Grove, MN

Can you put “Dennis” and “proper” in the same sentence?

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

eeeewwww! Ralph! I wish I would have thought of that!

Bushman changed his handle…can’t recall what it is…until I see it!

PS I was fishing the Red with Dennis…he doesn’t need any help for people in the same cabin (not room mind you) to go running screaming FOUL!

If he eats anything…the EPA might be called.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

Speaking of foul…Sliderfishen? Wanna catch some REAL fish????

sliderfishn
    Blaine, MN

Quote:

Speaking of foul…Sliderfishen? Wanna catch some REAL fish????

I caught one of THOSE fish once, darn thing thought it was a bass as it hit a 3/8 ounce spinnerbait.

Not really smart fish are they

Ron

sliderfishn
    Blaine, MN

Oppps I thought that I was in the walleye forum.

Ron

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

Ron…I don’t know what to say…but…take your pills!

Are you goning to be around on the 1st of April?

If your bass gear gets wrecked…you can use one of my pool ques until we can hook you up with something heavier

If you can make it, please bring along some bass or even eye’s for bait.

Thanks!

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

We can’t forget SteveD…er Comancharo15…it’s a Sat. Steve…will it work if you plan ahead?

We might have to do some “pre” fishing!

sliderfishn
    Blaine, MN

I really wish that I could make it but it is not looking good as I am scheduled to work that weekend.
    It would of been fun.

Ron

drewsdad
    Crosby, MN

I think WalleyeGFA and Martin V and respective families may show. They should be aware of this thread by now.

I don’t think I’ll catch any cats, however. Every single picture of me with a cat I had a great big chew in my mouth (to enhance the beauty) I quit chewing so I don’t know if I’ll be able to catch cats anymore. Tyler will have to really touch my minnows for extra luck. And make sure you let Tyler touch your minnows! I found out what happens if you don’t

dd

steve-demars
    Stillwater, Minnesota

I’ll be there Brian. I also think some pre-fishing is in order. How about today?

ratherbfishn
    St Paul Park MN

Buschman here! Sorry I changed jobs and had to resign in and didnt know how to keep the handle I should be able to make it down. If the water hits the right temps by then Ill be chasing eyes that day but will be able to hit a afternoon cat bite….. Any flats down there or is it usually channels???? Either way it sound like fun to me!

david_scott
    Twin Cities

Hey Steve.. good to hear from you!

Pre fishing will be in order soon.. that -20 blast of arctic air put a coat of ice on the area. There are a couple spillways that tend to open the area back up quickly.. I have some errands to run, I will take a drive down there on the way home. A tug boat will come in and break up the ice in early March if needed(did last year), the cats started biting the following day.

I see you found the thread ratherB(BUSHMAN)..

I wouldnt expect to see a flathead at the gathering.. that many lines in the water, anything is possible. I dont have much luck with them until late april/early may.

david_scott
    Twin Cities

OK ..

I took a quick drive down there and the tug boat was out there today breaking the ice. The ice is gone. Its not impossible the area will form a new skim coat if the weather gets too cool. It looked like the inside of the locks were also ice free.. they seem to be anticipating commercail traffic soon.

For now.. its completely open, I have no idea if the fish are biting yet.

Viewing 30 posts - 31 through 60 (of 218 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.