Catfish scent?

• hawger
    Owatonna, MN

Anyone using extra scent on the catfish? Kick’n Bass is making a Catfish…. anyone here tryed it?
    Hoggie

mavzer
    Hager City, WI

Hawger, what are they making?? I would be interested to know?? Is it a spray like deal that the sell??? Thanks for any info……

hawger
    Owatonna, MN

I have not tried it yet…. but want to. It is in the same bottle as the KnB Garlic… but smells much different. I’ll see if I can get Ken here to tell you about it. Hoggie

Brian Lyons

The best catfish scent around NE Iowa is called essence of BFD. Unfortunately Hawger can’t carry it in the B-fishin tackle line as postal regs absolutely forbid sending anything that foul through the mail

hawger
    Owatonna, MN

I ma hep… my dad an I used to make some real vile stuff… I hated to use it… blood and cheese… real rotten….but it kicked cat-butt.
    The Kick’n Bass Catfish is supposed to work very well. I am planning on giving it a try.
    Hoggie
    Dave Hoggard

kicknbass
    Glendale, Arizona

Hey guys… our Kick’n Catfish is some bad smelling stuff. If you like the smell of limburger cheese and some stuff that i squeezzzzz out of old Arizona sunbaked road kill, you will like Kick’n Cat. Pure liquid fish-oil with a rotten base. All you have to do it cut off a piece of sponge, T-shirt, or if you are a live bait man,,, then dry the live bait with a rag or your partners pants and pour on some KNCat… the stuff really puts out one huge oil slick and the cats love it. I got a call from a guy down in Texas who buys it by the gallon. Well he talked about a half hour about all huge 40# plus cats he is catching with KNCat… After listening to him and all I finally asked what he was using as bait. what base? He said he doesn’t use any bait… He just pours the KNCat into a bucket and lets his trot line soak in it overnight. Then he puts the thing out with no bait and razor sharp hooks. He says the cats come up and rub and swim in small circles rubbing themselves all over into the hook snags them. This is no bull! If you e mail me I will give you his number in Texas. Says he has never had anything like our KNCat oil. I have guys tell me catfish stories all the time… the stuff really is good and really stinks and leaves an oil slick a mile long. Use it on a sponge, a piece of bacon, hot dog or what ever. They love the KNcat… and yes it is a SPECIAL blend, time proven. This one I worked on real good. Take care and let me know how you do. Cosmic> PS I have a catfish page on my 400 page site.

Gianni
    Cedar Rapids, IA

Essense of BFD has been banned for 2003 on all inland waterways by the IDNR and the USFWS. Looks like you’ll need to find another trick to put them in the boat.

woolybugger1
    W Wisconsin

I’m sure that this is a dumb question but what is essense of BFD?

cutty

Wooly booger: Don’t worry, there aren’t any dumb questions…..only dumb fisherman. I don’t know what essence of BFD is either, and I know more about fishing than most folks. If it’s such a good bait that the IA. DNR would ban it then I most certainly would have heard about it. You can bet that I will be checking with some of my very important friends in fishings elite class to find out about this outlaw scent

Gianni
    Cedar Rapids, IA

BFD = Big Fish Dude, a guy who takes more than his fair share of crap on this board. Fortunately (for us), he’s a good sport about it all.

Dean Marshall
    Chippewa Falls WI /Ramsey MN

I’m sure BFD would be honored that the IADNR banned a “scent” that he created!……Quite an accomplishment!LOL.

Brian Lyons

BFD cannot respond to this thread at this time. He is on the run from the DNR. Seems a picture posted on this board somewhere led them to the clandestine mess lab where he cooks this bait. It wasn’t too tough. How many ice tents with purple flowered carpet are out there?

woolybugger1
    W Wisconsin

Thats funny. Big Fish Dude, he used to post quite a bit. I hope he read this thread.

Gianni
    Cedar Rapids, IA

In reply to:

How many ice tents with purple flowered carpet are out there?

In spite of the strict regulations imposed on purple flowered carpet by the USA PATRIOT act, federal investigators have uncovered evidence of several ‘cells’ of purple-flower-carpet toting ice fisherman scattered throughout the country, ready to go into action at the drop of a thermometer.

Their presence is a closely guarded secret so as not to induce widespread panic.

Steve Hix
    Dysart, Iowa

Is it safe to come out of my tent yet? With the cutback in state funded law enforcement I think they will quit looking for me and my magic carpet.

DFB {code}

Jack Naylor
    Apple Valley, MN

He says the cats come up and rub and swim in small circles rubbing themselves all over into the hook snags them.

As far as getting snagged on the Trot line, I used to fish many trot lines in OKlahoma many years ago, If you rig your staging lines right with big hooks and #9 nylon cord, the hooks will always turn into the cats lower lip as they swim up against the lines. the scent might add flavor in the general area of your lines which I can see would help. but I have snagged many a Flathead long before anyone thought of attracting scents on lines or lures. see you on the water. Jack..

hawger
    Owatonna, MN

Jack, I been there and done that too ! Snagg-lines on Lake Dallas, Little Elm Fork of the Trinity River.
    Dave Hoggard

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.