Pretty Cat!!

• tom_gursky
    Michigan's Upper Peninsula(Iron Mountain)

I am posting this picture because I was amazed at the bright yellow color of this catfish. I am very new to Cats and not sure what variety it is but I caught and released it Wed afternoon below the dam on Pool 4. It hammered a jig/plastic grub in about 12’of water on the Wisc. side and fought really hard. Is it a Channel cat

tom_gursky

We also caught this big Flathead(?), also on a jig/plastic. It was about 40″ long we did not weigh it and released it. I could really get into these tremendous fighters.

blue-fleck
    Dresbach, MN

Tom, both those fish are flatheads. (mudcat) Nice fish too!

woolybugger1
    W Wisconsin

The one probably hung out just a little too close to the nuke plant.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Thanks for posting those pics Tom…you know what they tell me?

Time to go FISH’EN!

lenny_jamison
    Bay City , WI

I tell you what guys, I’ve been hammering the cats this week. Most of them have bit while walleye fishing but this morning I took the time for a little channel catting. We caught six of them in two hours on leeches. The biggest one went about 10LBS. Yesterday a 25LBS. flathead pounded my jig just above Evert’s. All in all, we probably caught 15 cats in the last two days.

Gaor Hunter

tom_gursky

Not long after we netted Ken’s cat(at dusk) Jim hooked a monster about 1/4 mile above Evert’s. We followed it downriver almost to Evert’s for about 20 minutes. The guy had an Ugly stick and 10# Fireline and was pulling his @ss off on that rod. He could not get that one off the bottom…no way. His knot gave out and it was history. I would have loved to get a look at that one!

stevew
    Burnsville, MN

Those are both nice, but I win. . .

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Steve…your cat may win in the picture contest…but for eating….and staying married…the other cats win…hands down

tom_gursky

Amen Brother!

mudcatkid
    On water

ya…………… that is a great example of why many people call flatheads “YELLOW CATS”

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.