Carver, MN Outdoors Stuff?

• BigWerm
    SW Metro

We recently moved to Carver, part of the reason, and what I’m really excited about, are the outdoors opportunities in the area! However I’m having a little trouble locating a couple things, so thought I’d see if anyone here can help.

Closest archery range? I know of the one in Shakopee and Chaska, but curious if there is one in Carver also.
    Gun Range? Doesn’t seem to be any options around to site in a rifle/shotgun beyond the Horse and Hunt club. Any other recommendations? I’d be open to joining a Sportsmens club or something, but not much info on the interwebs, and Marsh Lake was full for the year.

And if you’re feeling generous fishing the Minnesota River? I’ve only fished it a couple times from shore in Shako/Chaska and didn’t really get anything.

Thanks in advance!

crappie55369
    Mound, MN

There’s an archery range within the three rivers park in (carver Park reserve).

There’s a sportsmans club up in minnetrista just outside of mound. Ive heard its quite exclusive however.

Did u sell your place in Chaska?

joneser
    Inactive

The river is good in that stretch for cats and that’s about it. There are nice walleyes in there but they’re pretty scarce. I’ve catfished it a fair amount and know guys who fish it a lot and none of them specifically target walleyes at any time of the year. They’ll get the occasional nice one when catfishing for channels using frogs but that’s about it.

joneser
    Inactive

I’m going to find it kind of funny if he moved to Carver from Chaska and is asking about the area like he moved from Maple Grove to Lakeville.

Anyone who has lived in Chaska will probably know a lot more about Carver than I do since people have moved farther going a dozen or so blocks in Minneapolis….they’re not really new to the area.

Attachments:
    1. Screenshot_20200924-014626_Maps.jpg

Ben Brettingen
    Mississippi

Cabin Fever in Victoria has a 20-yard indoor archery range. Really good folks. Rifle Ranges are tougher to come by…Not many around. Caribou Gun Club down in Le Seur has a 500 yard range I believe.

mike_v
    carver Mn

There are archery targets at the park down by the boat ramp downtown. There really isnt a close gun range, we usually go to green isle sportmans club. As for the fishing you just need to get out and explore, most locals are tight lipped unless you what catfish info.

JEREMY
    BP

There is a gun range in Jordan i believe called Scott County regional safety training facility or something. Joneser must fish walleyes in the area and not want you to because Carver creek and Sand creek are both really good walleye spots.

BigWerm
    SW Metro

There’s an archery range within the three rivers park in (carver Park reserve).

There’s a sportsmans club up in minnetrista just outside of mound. Ive heard its quite exclusive however.

Thanks Crappie, Cody, Mike, Jeremy and Ben! Yes, we moved about 10 miles west from Chaska to Carver. We lived in Chaska for 5 years in a fixer upper which we did all the fixing and uping, also during which time I had my first kid 3 years ago and a shoulder replacement, so I didn’t have a ton of time to explore the local outdoors area as much as I would have liked. Only fished the MN from shore a couple times, and haven’t hunted the area at all. Now with a 3 year old and a little brother coming in January, I see the writing on the wall and my trips to the Northwoods will be traded for some more local opportunities.

belletaine
    Nevis, MN

Come up here and shoot in my yard!
    Played golf with your dad yesterday and heard some really great fish stories!

As for the op, I got nothing.

JEREMY
    BP

Did you move up by Fleet Farm or what is really Carver down by the river?

BigWerm
    SW Metro

Did you move up by Fleet Farm or what is really Carver down by the river?

Neither, we are in Carver Bluffs neighborhood which is about a mile from DT Carver kind of by the river.

Come up here and shoot in my yard!
    Played golf with your dad yesterday and heard some really great fish stories!

I’m sure there was some exaggeration in those stories BT, like any good fish story! rotflol I have a good spot for shooting up there, but not sure if I’ll be able to make it up much before hunting season.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.