Carpet Care

• James Wascko
    S.W Michigan for now.

I hope this topic is not an old worn out one but I have some questions.

Now I am a true multi species fisherman from artificial to live bait to Cut Bait.

Sooooo is there a good treatment for the carpet on the decks or what?
    Catfishing with cut bait tends to get messy and not sure how to keep the decks looking decent.

Thanks
    JW

Daniel Turner

First off, keep it off the carpet whenever possible. But if it gets on there, there are a couple products that work really well.

I use Bass Boat Saver. In addition to wiling down the entire boat, seats and all, it will also spot clean carpet. It has UV protection in it which is why I use it, but a couple sprays on the blood, then hose off and its gone. NEVER power wash carpet.

James Wascko
    S.W Michigan for now.

Hi Dan,
    Yea that’s the big one, keep it off the carpet. Thank you for the tip on the product and care.

I have spent a year looking at way to many aluminum non carpeted boats and yet even with their wash downs and easy clean up, well I keep coming back to the skeeter.

There is something about them that just draws me to them.
    Thank you again
    JW

TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

Call a few auto detailing places and find one that will do boat carpets for a reasonable price. Boats are a lot easier to do than cars so a lot of times you can get a good price, I know one IDO member and I were talking about this and he found a detailer guy that would do it for $60 cash. The boat came out looking like new, he got out the coffee stains, beer stains, bait stains, and one stain that looked like a UFO had landed in the boat and conducted an impromptu oil change before lifting off again.

If you’re flexible on time and pay cash, you should be able to get a nice carpet clean with spot cleaning for well under $100 and it comes out looking like new. I love easy.

Grouse

James Wascko
    S.W Michigan for now.

Hi Grouse,
    That’s not a bad idea. Now all I have to do is loose the mentality that I take care of my boat. Lol
    Now if they make house calls. Lol
    Thanks again
    JW

patk
    Nisswa, MN

Yea that’s the big one, keep it off the carpet.

An idea from a friends boat: he’s installed removable vinyl runners. I think they’re something like this: https://www.walmart.com/c/ep/vinyl-runner

Cut to fit and Velcro patches to attach one strip to the next. As much as we try, it never fails that get a flopping pike on the floor once in a while. This way the slime doesn’t get in the carpet, attract flies, and an easy clean up. Since they’re removable he only puts them in for certain trips and only on the main floor, not the bow.

James Wascko
    S.W Michigan for now.

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>James Wascko wrote:</div>
    Yea that’s the big one, keep it off the carpet.

An idea from a friends boat: he’s installed removable vinyl runners. I think they’re something like this: https://www.walmart.com/c/ep/vinyl-runner

Cut to fit and Velcro patches to attach one strip to the next. As much as we try, it never fails that get a flopping pike on the floor once in a while. This way the slime doesn’t get in the carpet, attract flies, and an easy clean up. Since they’re removable he only puts them in for certain trips and only on the main floor, not the bow.

Thank very much for this. I will go check them out.
    JW

Michael C. Winther
    Reedsburg, WI

NEVER power wash carpet.

I power wash mine all the time.
    One pass with power-soap and one pass without to rinse. It blasts most everything out. As long as you’re smart enough not to hold the nozzle too close or in one place for too long, it won’t harm the carpet.

James Wascko
    S.W Michigan for now.

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Daniel Turner wrote:</div>
    NEVER power wash carpet.

I power wash mine all the time.
    One pass with power-soap and one pass without to rinse. It blasts most everything out. As long as you’re smart enough not to hold the nozzle too close or in one place for too long, it won’t harm the carpet.

Thank you sir,
    With the right tip and common sense Yea I can see this possible.
    Thanks again
    JW

DonG

For dirty areas I use a spot-bot power scrubber/cleaner and use Murphy’s Oil soap to clean. Puts oil back into the carpet and makes it easy to re-clean if needed. Carpet comes out like new.

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

A friend uses truck floor mats for the common messy areas. Works really well

James Wascko
    S.W Michigan for now.

@popspastime @RandyW1
    Just wanted to thank you both for the really good tips.
    This just tells me that carpet care is one less care.
    JW

Dean Marshall
    Chippewa Falls WI /Ramsey MN

For known messy fish outings like lakers, pike, etc , etc, remove the carpet. Otherwise 3m scotch guard works well for a pre treat prevention. Common sense power washing will get the job done as well.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.