Car kills….

• Jimmy Jones

Or lack of. We drove to Cedar Falls this morning on Highway 63 and saw exactly 2 car kills, down and back. One was a real decent doe. The other was a very heavy antlered buck. I couldn’t get a point count but both sides were intact, antlers Wayyyy outside of the ears and had mass like nothing I have seen lately. Body-wise I think that deer was in the 275 pound range.

What with all the corning being picked down and back I thought for certain there would have been more car kills but it was just those two. Both in Iowa, both between New Hampton and Waterloo. We did see one site where fat was scattered and smeared all over the road but no carcass. Honestly it looked like a pig got hit.

This is a drive we make every year at this time ans in past years anywhere from 10 to 30 car kills have been counted. This year with combines in fields all along the route only two dead ones.

JEREMY
    BP

People are driving slower cause their glued to their cell phones so the deer are able to dodge them.

John Rasmussen
    Blaine

People are driving slower cause their glued to their cell phones so the deer are dodge them.

Could be some logic in there. shock

Jeremy
    Richland County, WI

The diseases and predators are getting them before the cars. I see more dead skunk and raccoon than deer

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.