Canopy advice

• poolsideli

Hi,

I would like to buy a canopy to put on concrete. I was about to buy one from Wayfair, but thought I should investigate a little further first.

10×10 or 9×9 is good.
    Pop-Up or anything that one person can put up.
    Would like to keep it up in my backyard all summer.
    Would like to mount a TV inside of it also. Don’t mind taking the TV in and out though.

Please let me know of any advice or affordable ways to go.

TV Mounts built for tents/canopys are expensive, but I found a VIVO Steel Universal Full Motion Pole Mount that may work.

Weights, sandbags, etc. Are there places to get the sandbags filled?

Type of lighting to use.

Thanks!!!
    pool.

MX1825

You can buy sand tubes at Menards.

jbg1219
    NW Iowa

I have a 16×16 patio and I put 8 foot 4x4s up on the corners using brackets bolted to the concrete. I put 2×4 around the top of the 4x4s for support and an eye bolt in to attach a shade sail from amazon. I leave it up all summer. I use patio lights from Lowes strung around the perimeter and set a TV on a patio table. It was supposed to be a cheap spruce up of our patio, and had plans to put a deck in over the old patio but we have no desire to spend the money. One thing to note, when buying a shade sail, get one smaller than the area you plan to span. I ordered a 15×15 sail and it works wonderfully on my 16×16 square. I do not have $300 into the entire thing… We had bought a large shade umbrella on a stand that needed to be filled with water or sand and returned it without setting it up. After getting home with it, I realized i would need to store it in the winters, and make sure to take it down every night, and hope a pop up thunderstorm did not damage it with wind. A $40 shade sail is much less risk, and so far has not failed after 2.5 years.

crappie55369
    Mound, MN

I have a 16×16 patio and I put 8 foot 4x4s up on the corners using brackets bolted to the concrete. I put 2×4 around the top of the 4x4s for support and an eye bolt in to attach a shade sail from amazon. I leave it up all summer. I use patio lights from Lowes strung around the perimeter and set a TV on a patio table. It was supposed to be a cheap spruce up of our patio, and had plans to put a deck in over the old patio but we have no desire to spend the money. One thing to note, when buying a shade sail, get one smaller than the area you plan to span. I ordered a 15×15 sail and it works wonderfully on my 16×16 square. I do not have $300 into the entire thing… We had bought a large shade umbrella on a stand that needed to be filled with water or sand and returned it without setting it up. After getting home with it, I realized i would need to store it in the winters, and make sure to take it down every night, and hope a pop up thunderstorm did not damage it with wind. A $40 shade sail is much less risk, and so far has not failed after 2.5 years.

do you have a photo of it? would like to see your setup

crappie55369
    Mound, MN

for a TV mount check out https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00K8MD1DI/?coliid=I1UEB5UIXQZCVC&colid=2IUMBO8TJJ4K9&psc=1&ref_=list_c_wl_lv_ov_lig_dp_it

please note I HAVE NOT USED THIS so cant vouge for how well it does or doesnt work. I got the idea from a guy on an ice camping video and he mounts his TV to the wall of his pop up using this. he said its basically a giant bread bag twistie that you wrap around the pop up tent poles and it holds great. could be a nice cheap option for you

Rodwork
    Farmington, MN

I would recommend buying a metal gazabo. It stays up all year and the 16’x10’ one I bought at the end of the season years ago was only $250. Bolt it in and be done with it. Works great for grilling under in the winter.

poolsideli

Thanks everyone! Some great tips here! Well, I really don’t want to bolt anything down to the concrete, and am trying to avoid anything that stays up all year.

how does that Amazon link you sent get used as a TV Mount. Yeah the ones that are meant for tents/Canopys are around $200!!!

Yes, would like to see phots also from jbg.

Thanks again.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Thanks everyone! Some great tips here! Well, I really don’t want to bolt anything down to the concrete, and am trying to avoid anything that stays up all year.

how does that Amazon link you sent get used as a TV Mount. Yeah the ones that are meant for tents/Canopys are around $200!!!

Yes, would like to see phots also from jbg.

Thanks again.

Those Amazon ties break after a few uses. They are a thin tie wire inside. I would not recommend

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.