Can I retrofit my trolling motor to get spot lock ?

• Deleted

I have a 2016 12V Minnkota Power Drive V2. I’d like to see if there is such a thing as just upgrading the power head or ?, So that I can have the spot lock feature and eliminate using the anchors.

I am disabled so throwing the anchor has become almost impossible. I’m not sure if the electric anchor systems are really that practical with the muddy Mississippi River that I fish in.

Looking for recommendations for either option I guess.

MNdrifter

What about the older versions of Powerdrive, can you upgrade those to I pilot?

djshannon
    Crosslake

The I-pilot upgrade uses the foot pedal plug to connect the electronics. You would have to splice the round cable end on the Power Drive or a flat end on the upgrade kit or splice it cable to cable. I am pretty sure it would work but it wouldn’t be plug and play.

Deleted

Thanks so much guys! I fished with a guy a couple days ago and he had that spot lock on the river and it was slick as heck. I am gonna start saving for one immediately.

Do I need to have a gps puck or a gps enabled depth finder in order for spot lock to set a gps lock? Or is it built into the head? I do not have a gps hummingbird.

djshannon
    Crosslake

It is built into the head.

CBMN
    North Metro

You don’t need a gps Tom. The I pilot head has it built in.

Deleted

Perfect, I can’t wait to get one!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.