Camping on the Ice.

I’m considering camping out on the Ice this year. And I’m just wondering if anyone has any recommendations on how to set up for camping on ice, or gear recommendations, or just any advice to have a good, comfortable time camping out on the Ice.

tbro16
    Inactive
    St Paul

Just did it for the first time last weekend. Went smoothly! I had an 8x8ft insulated shack, a cot, and a 20 lb propane tank with a sunflower burner. Youll need a CO detector, recommend a small fan, and a good lighting system. I bought the Otter lights set. About had an aneurysm when I dropped $70 for two small lights but its a really, really nice set up and I would recommend it.

FishBlood&RiverMud
    Prescott

Just did it for the first time last weekend. Went smoothly! I had an 8x8ft insulated shack, a cot, and a 20 lb propane tank with a sunflower burner. Youll need a CO detector, recommend a small fan, and a good lighting system. I bought the Otter lights set. About had an aneurysm when I dropped $70 for two small lights but its a really, really nice set up and I would recommend it.

Tbro, just make sure you always have fresh air coming into your house. I ALWAYS had a window cracked on the windward side. It is those zero wind nights that a fan blowing air in will save your life. My first dead calm night ice camping nearly killed me, then the fan was always along.
    Have fun!

castle-rock-clown

Available everywhere, cheap insurance that can save your life. I always put it next to my head when sleeping in a structure like a tent or shanty with combustible heat appliance.

Attachments:
    1. 2C82C988-0485-4684-8BD3-E8826EAA30D1.png

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.