Cabelas vs. Scheels

• mojo

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>mojo wrote:</div>
    They design the store to make a profit.
    If an in-stock product is not in the store, the average shopper checks online.
    Cabela’s only displays seasonal items, just like all the rest

So are you saying that I’m the only person looking to buy open water muskie, walleye, and bass tackle from October – February? That certainly can’t be true.

Sorry, no offense meant. But you are not the person they are targeting. And with the current supply chain issues, most places don’t have the inventory they normally would. Fleet Farm didn’t have jack for ice fishing tackle for most of last season. If Cabela’s in Rogers is taking care of you, you should definitely stick with them. I switched to Scheel’s online, and I’m very satisfied.
    The stores only have so much square footage. I only get a tiny window of time to buy goose calls, goose decoys, layout blinds, waterproof camo parkas and boat blinds. And these items are all more profitable than tackle at certain times of the year. None of us is gonna get everything they want all the time.

queenswake
    NULL

I don’t hunt, but in the past couple of years, I have bought very little fishing, boating, and camping year. A guy gets to a point where he has everything. I am pretty much at that point. And I am not one to constantly upgrade ice fishing gear like a lot of guys do.

For the few things I buy these days, the determining factor is what place has them and has them in stock. Fleet Farm lately clears out of things they have on sale. Whereas I can walk into Scheel’s and they don’t have empty shelves.

I don’t get the brand hatred and this one is better than that. I am glad for all of them just to have competition and choice. I used to live out on the east coast where the only option was a far away Gander Mountain, Walmart, and Dicks.

Alex Fox

I typically will go to wherever has what I want at the best price. Having said that, Fleet Farm is closest so I usually start there. I used to be a Cabelas fan, I still have and use their guide series rods, but they went downhill fast after they were bought out. Their quality and service dropped to the point where I don’t start with them any more. Scheels for me growing up was a cool store but with no name brand/quality items…you could buy bats, balls, and gloves, but it wasn’t the best quality. I’m not really looking for that anymore, but it seems like the selection has improved. I also agree that their online service by far outweighs Cabelas.

CaptainMusky

A guy gets to a point where he has everything. I am pretty much at that point.

I believe you have to turn in your man card if you say such things. -)

404 ERROR
    MN

I’m a triggered millennial that’s offended that cabelas is in the same sent. ence as Scheels in your post…

devil

Not even close. cabelas is terrible. Only decent thing to come out of their is the mobile elite layout blinds.

Viewing 5 posts - 31 through 35 (of 35 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.